Thread: Christmas Party 2018 - Saturday Dec 8th

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member

Christmas Party 2018 - Saturday Dec 8th

2018 Holiday (Christmas) Party

We will going to Andrea's home for our Christmas Party this year, on December 8th. The Christmas Party is only for paid members.

We do need everybody to sign up by posting on this forum that you are coming and how many. We do need RSVP on this forum by Thanksgiving

The club also decided to do a pot luck dinner again. We will provide the meat, turkey and ham; club members will bring the rest. We do need you to tell us what you are bringing.

We will be doing a White Elephant gift exchange also. There is a charge for this event of $5, with a $20 family maximum.
    There will also be a great end of year raffle and silent auction.

People coming:

Lloyd
    Sarah
    Max
    Jim
    Elizabeth
    Timmy 7
    Kimberly 4
    David
    Emily
    Tucker
    Misty
    Tucker jr
    Hailey
    Pam
    Mac
    Ricardo
    Karolina +3
    Philip
    Melinda
    Paxton 1
    Cesar,
    Sebastian
    Alejandro
    Vernon,
    Roy 4
    Makenna 2
    Justin
    Andrea
    Last edited by Flcorals; 12-08-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Adding
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Were coming......Elizabeth, Jim, Timmy "7" and Kimberly "4". Were bringing cold pasta/veggie salad and a some home made holiday cookies. We will bring two white elephant gifts.

I'll post later the items in the silent auction but I'm excepting suggestions. hint hint.....

Maybe a KH guardian or one of the new automated filter socks devices for starters. I think we have a pair of MANCA tickets.

There will also be some good stuff in the Raffle like test kits calcium reactor media, Oceans Blend products in various sizes and so forth.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    Arnold clan will be there
    tucker
    tucker
    misty
    hailey.

I think we will I’ll bring a salad.
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

I will be coming and my "daughter". David and Emily We will bring veggie dip/spinach dip and scalloped potatoes.
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Don't forget to let us know if you are coming to the Xmas Party
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I'll be there with my sons
    Cesar, Sebastian and Alejandro.
    Not sure what I'll be bringing but I'll bring something delicious.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

I will be attending with my 2 kids
    Vernon, Roy, Makenna

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Hi Vernon What ages are the kids?

OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

I will bring 2 pies for dessert. One will be pumpkin, what would the masses like for the second?

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedTXN View Post
    I will be attending with my 2 kids
    Vernon, Roy, Makenna
    I have them as age 4 and 2
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

This year there will be some great times in the silent auction. Bring your wallet.. because its well over 1200$ worth of gear to the highest bidder.

We have a 48" XHO reef bright all blue Led Reef light. Same as WWC, Sea In the city, and Top shelf uses on many on the frag tanks in the Farms.

Also an Auto Aqua Automatic water changer with built in ATO. Touch screen photo optic sensors siphon break all included in the box, really nice unit for basic simple automatic water changes.

A Maxspect gyer XF250 with the newest controller included. Capable of driving dual units at once with a ton of different modes. Newest generation pump.

And arguably the coolest thing up for auction is the SKIMZ external nitrate reactor. This is there NM122 model and it includes sulfur media. All you need is a doser pump or small supply pump to run it or even gravity fed it from the display if you like. Everything else included. Should easily handle even a well stocked 250-350 gallon aquarium system.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

The address for tonights 6-11 pm holiday party is

3405 Bellington drive Orlando FL 32835
    40 softies set up.