Thread: ReefAPalooza 2018 april 6-7-8 volunteer sign up

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

ReefAPalooza 2018 april 6-7-8 volunteer sign up

Orlando RAP 2018 crew has ask us to provide up to 5 volunteers per day again this year for the show APRIL 6-7-8. The way this works is they request helpers for each of the three days of the show and if you help all day, as a thank you get 1 entry ticket for the show, occasional they have donuts, coffee, and lunch for the staff, first come first serve and 1 staff tee shirt to keep. Sizes will be requested later.

If you can only help a half day each day and want to enter the show the other half, that is ok but you must secure a second person to cover the other half and your responsible for them. Each person would then have to work HALF of both days as partners to get the thank you tickets and shirts.
    Occasionally, if we CAN NOT fill full day slots, you can work a morning only, which is when most help is needed, we can then grant afternoon entry to the show. Max two per day on that option I think as we need to cover the doors all day somehow at a minimum. If you have any questions just ask and I'll try and accommodate. This is A GREAT SHOW, DONT MISS IT.

First come first serve below. I'll be there all three days one way or the other to assist, and will not count my self in the count.

Friday April 6th 10-4/6pm -jobs will be filling thousands of gift bags and as needed jobs with set up. no shirts
    1 SMpolyp
    2 RADMAN
    3 Chris O gift bags duty
    4 Simer after school is out 3:30 till 8 gift bags duty
    5 Rick massa
    6 jim28fl alternate as needed
    Saturday April 7th 10-6 pm =Day one of show- jobs will include as needed front door and side door duties and handing out gift bags at start of show/crowd control. get staff shirt and tickets.
    1 Chris O all day as needed XXL
    2 Chip W L
    3 Jason half day L
    5 jim28fl Alternate L
    SUNDAY April 8th 10-6 pm =Last day of show jobs will include as needed front door and side door duties and handing out gift bags at start of show/crowd control. Assist break down of show. get staff shirts and tickets.
    1 Chris O all day as needed XXL
    2 Tucker L or XL
    3 Jason half day
    5 Rad man maybe half day XL ???
    6 jim28fl Alternate
    Please note that if you are attending the show as a attendee at any point, you may not participate in the raffle event unless you change out of a staff shirt and posses in hand an entry ticket like everyone else. Basically you must posses a valid entry ticket if you win something in the raffle.
    Last edited by Jim28fl; 04-01-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA/OREO Club Sponsor
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

I can help out April 6th on Friday.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smpolyp View Post
    I can help out April 6th on Friday.
    Great thanks. I'll be there with my daughter as well.

Anyone else want in on the fun at RAP 2018?
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

ORCA/OREO Club Sponsor
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

For those of you that have never helped with a conference and are not sure about it. It really can be fun helping out. It also helps build relationships with your fellow reefers. Not to mention that early access in seeing what goes on before the show.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Bumping this back up.. we need alot more helpers who wants to get into the show for free? all you need to do is help out a bit with the show and you get in after wards for free. Thats a pretty good deal. Best show in central florida hands down. probably best in the south east in 2018. don't miss it.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Last call on this subject. Show is in two weeks. Also there is a special Reef 2 reef members event at the WWC farm on monday after the show that might interest some of you. Free R2R T shirt to the first 100. See R2R forum for more details.
    I need anyone else who is interested in saving 20$ a day to the RAP show to speak up so I can add you to the list. Jobs include watching the doors at entry points. Helping with the Raffle area. Friday gift bags preparation. Misc small jobs running around n moving tables or chairs if needed. This will get you into the show for free for an equal amount to what you volunteer. Help a half day get in a half day. I am the point of contact on all this. If you help a full day you get a free Staff t-shirt..... I have one from every year of the event. Something fun to wear. This is the best show in the southeast for the entire year IMHO. Don't miss it. Hope to see you all there. If your a current paid OREO family or single membership and attend the show and come find me at the show I will Give you a one time 5 free raffle tickets for the OREO meeting Raffle. Must be at a meeting to enter the tickets.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

Count me in on Friday, April 6.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

added you on for friday. well see you at the show. I'll probably be in the room by the front filling gift bags. Easy to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
    Count me in on Friday, April 6.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Kinda desperately need one or two more folks for sat or sunday duties. other wise there pretty much gonna cancel us and hire there own help. I have a non fish buddy who said he can help. anyone else got anyone who wants to see the show. They used it to basically help for half day saturday and get in the rest of that day and in sunday as well. post here in the next few days for me to add you in.
    Thanks.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

I edited the times as the RAP crew requested. Please post if any questions
    40 softies set up.