Thread: Reefapalooza May 5/6/7th - Members needed for the event

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member

Reefapalooza May 5/6/7th - Members needed for the event

We have an exciting opportunity to have a Club table at this years Reefapalooz in Orlando on May 6th and 7th to help promote awareness of the club to a large group within the area

To make it work we will need 3 volunteers for each day of the show plus the preceding Friday night to work with the Reefapoolza team as volunteers. All volunteers will get a reefaplooza T-shirt to wear at the event. All volunteers would also get free admission to the show for one of the days they are not working. Duties include door duty, welcome bags, bracelets etc.

Can I count on your support to make this happen and if so please reply to this thread with day/days you can help with. I will update this thread accordingly. I appreciate the fact it will take a lot of time but hopefully we can all benefit and make this happen

Please can you reply ASAP so we can gauge viability. If we have more volunteers that would be great as we could split the hours/shifts work on any given day

Regards
    Lloyd
    President Orlando Reef Educators Org.

set up day Friday 5th from noon-8pm
    #1- edit + shirt size= Russell W.
    #2- edit + shirt size= Jim K
    #3- edit + shirt size= Eg8r210

Day 2 first day of show Sat 6th May from 8am-6pm
    #1- edit + shirt size= mgoesma
    #2- edit + shirt size=
    #3- edit + shirt size=

Last day of show Sun 7th May from 8am-6pm
    #1- edit + shirt size=
    #2- edit + shirt size=
    #3- edit + shirt size=
    Last edited by Flcorals; 04-08-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

ORCA/OREO Club Sponsor
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

I could help Friday noon to 8.

ORCA Forum Member
    Lloyd, put me down for Friday also. I will make sure Russell is staying busy.

I could help one day. i'm not available until after 5:00 Friday. I am free Saturday and Sunday.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I will be there for one day only, not sure yet what day and what time, most likely on Sunday, but I can help with the club table for a couple of hours if needed.
    I already have my own ticket.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

I also already have tickets for the event.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoesma View Post
    I could help one day. i'm not available until after 5:00 Friday. I am free Saturday and Sunday.

Mgoesma which would you like to help sat or sunday??? I think were going to focus on only the volunteers for the door n gift bags n stuff and give up on the club table. Anyone who works a 5 hr day will get one free admission to the show to use the part of that day they don't work at this point. up to three per day.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

sat is fine.
    Mark

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

one week to go we need to fill our volunteer spots folks. who else wants to help out and get free entry into he show after your time is up. post if you have questions!

Need three or four more folks. you can trade off with another member and do a half day i think if we need to coordinate that to make this work.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

My shirt size is 3X. Also during the meeting did you say it was possible to work 1/2 day?

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Ok ill reserve shirts now. yes you could work a half day, maybe another member will split it with you?
    I'd like to have a person to cover the other half in place which would make it fair to have you see the show the second half of the day. They pretty much are giving a free one day pass to anyone who works a full day and i am to handle that personally. Let me know what you prefer to do.

were definitely short on helpers. ill be there all three days the entire time already in varying capacities.
    40 softies set up.

ORCA Forum Member
    Jim and Lloyd, I am going to have to back out on Friday. Due to some family issues, I am not going to be able to attend RAP this year.

I actually already have a ticket for both days. I am just trying to help out. (and the shirt would be cool to have).
    Please let me know if i can do a 1/2 day or if you need me for the foll day.
    Thanks,

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eg8r210 View Post
    Jim and Lloyd, I am going to have to back out on Friday. Due to some family issues, I am not going to be able to attend RAP this year.
    Ok i got it. Well miss you bud. Hope all is ok. thanks.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoesma View Post
    I actually already have a ticket for both days. I am just trying to help out. (and the shirt would be cool to have).
    Please let me know if i can do a 1/2 day or if you need me for the foll day.
    Thanks,
    If you can be there at 8 am then I have a person who can switch out with you so you each can have some time in the show and helping as a volunteer. Its going to go more like you both help for first two hours then one of you goes into show, other stays at a door till your ready to swap out. They need the volunteers the first few hours the most. then things cool off. The young man who will be helping you is named Harsimer. You'll both meet with me when you get there, ill be up front near the line up area. How does that sound? You two can exchange phone numbers and txt each other as the day goes to set up swapping out. or just set times to swap the door duty or where ever they need you to help at.
    40 softies set up.

Sounds good.

ok, am i missing something. we need to be there at 8:00 but the showroom does not open until 11:00.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Thanks again Russell for helping last night. Our group bagged 1000 gift bags. It seemed like alot more.

Today I will be at the show all day. The staff helps set up till doors open at 11. Same tomorrow. Find me or txt me when you get there. 407 417 1980.

Thanks everyone. soonest staff can get in is 7 i think. they ask for 8.
    40 softies set up.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I have a ticket I won't be able to use.

Text me your email and I'll send it you
    407 four nine two 8633

First one to text me gets it
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal