Thread: looking to buy some livestock

ORCA Forum Member

looking to buy some livestock

I'm setting up a 300 gallon reef tank and i'm looking to get some deals on livestock. Anyone have reef friendly fish they want to sell. Mostly looking for large Tangs.

thanks

Andre

407-963-0743

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

carefull tangs need alot of food which means nitrates which mean water changes till you establish a balance of natural uptake by bacteria and corals and your own water change schedule.
    i have a 300 with total water volume of 550 now and definitely see alot of skillet from the tangs being feed all the time to keep them healthy. honeslty ten chromis fill the tank better fast and balance better plus are cheap. tang can go in any time mostly. and buying them smaller saves money as they will grow with the systems demands .
    GL keep us posted. Top shelf and sea in the city have been my best sources for fish lately. they take good care of the club members if you take your card.

over all as a whole i have had poor success with fish this year. but corals have been great.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks jim but the tank is cycled and already has some clowns and damsels. I have a service taking care of water changes, so I'm not to worried about that. I want some nice tangs for display. Its really more of a piece of furniture than a serious reef tank.

ORCA Forum Member
    I have a purple tang and a hippo tang for sale. PM sent!