Thread: tearing down reef tank

ORCA Forum Member

tearing down reef tank

Unfortunately, I have to tear down my well established 125 gallon reef tank. I have lots of corals, livestock and equipment available. I live in Sebring Florida. If anyone is interested please respond to this post and I will give you more info. Thanks!

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    A list of what it is available and the price is important to have and pictures also help a lot with the sale.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

ORCA Forum Member Xtremeclownfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrscholl View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to tear down my well established 125 gallon reef tank. I have lots of corals, livestock and equipment available. I live in Sebring Florida. If anyone is interested please respond to this post and I will give you more info. Thanks!
    We are sorry to see you leave this beautiful hobby!
    However as the ccampo mention, you need to list what your selling, state the price and pictures. Those are forum rules...Thank you

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

I'm interested in mostly live stock. I am able to do the tear down and if we can agree on the dry goods prices later, i will offer to handle it all you can watch n have a drink.

The key to this is always organization. It doesn't work if you try n catch a fish here n there or take out a few pieces of equipment. The whole thing crashes few days later and everything dies from moving rocks around and chasing fish all over or trying to shut down life support systems.
    usually i bring huge drums and take all water, corals in bags, and live stock and deal with tank n equipment after those have been moved and handled. I'll pay fair price for all of it as a whole. not interested in piece by piece. I'd rather set up a quarantine for 10 fish and 30 corals not one fish and a piece of zoos if you catch my drift.

Id love a short list of the most prominent things. You can pm me or post here.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Do you have a list of items and prices? I am interested.