Thread: October 29th. 2016 Frag Event

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

Thumbs Up October 29th. 2016 Frag Event

The frag event for October 29th. is officially open and we are now accepting submissions.
    Please use the link below or the link on the left of the home page to submit frags.

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/forum/orca_fa.php

The event will be held at the home of Cesar and Gladys Campo in Stoneybrook East Orlando.

Address and Instructions on how to enter will be posted later.

Start submitting your frags at any time now until noon on the day of the event.

As always take a look at the sticky thread "Frag Events: Rules and Guidelines".

See you at my place !!!

Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Remember there will be submissions on the day of the event from the LOCAL FISH STORES AS WELL. Raffle director will be pickign them up the day of or night before the event.

Most frags are entered a few days before the event. I'd expect 100+ frags for sure this time around. I have some great sized 2-4" chalice pieces ill be putting in this time, as well as some other great new additions we don't see very often. I'm excited.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Here's the address:

2546 Wembleycross Way, Orlando FL 32828
    MAP

Instructions :
    This is a gated community called Stoneybrook East.
    At the gate please let the guard know you're coming to my house (Cesar Campo), the guard will then call me and I'll let him/her know you're allowed to enter.
    Once inside Stoneybrook, look for a sub-division called "Windsor Place", get in there, then take a left on Wembleycross Way and you'll find my house on your right, look where to park along the street.

Doors open at 6:00PM with the event starting around 7:00PM when all the frags are checked in and confirmed.

I hope you can make it.

See you Saturday !!!
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Tonight I will be taking pictures of the frags I'm planning to bring to the event so I can submit them.
    Among them there will be a RBT anemone that moved to an easy to catch spot in the tank, it will be like 15 to 20 frags in total for me.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Is there still no submitting to this event? Also do I need to bring Cash to the event or can you use paypall/CC?

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I took the pictures last night, but I haven't submitted the frags yet, I'll do it tonight.
    Yes, credit card is accepted, even for buying raffle tickets.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I know Tucker and Jim are bringing corals too, plus we always get donations from our LFS sponsors.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    I have lots of submitting to do today. will take all day.

welcome Mgoesma excited to meet you and hear a bout your tank.
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

Wish I could be there

Thank you Cesar for hosting. I had a wonderful time and got some great coral. I can't wait to see them in the morning. It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see everyone again in December.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgoesma View Post
    Thank you Cesar for hosting. I had a wonderful time and got some great coral. I can't wait to see them in the morning. It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see everyone again in December.
    Thanks for coming, nice meeting you !!!
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Aside our small delay for the staff to sort out the selling system, everything was awesome. The members donations were greatly appreciated. Cesar has amazing tanks and the crowd had a great time. Happy halloween everyone, and hope you got some great deals. If your not sure about placement of your new corals you can post here and we can try n give advice.

Our next Frag event will be in the spring.
    Next up is the holiday party where we have a bigger raffle and a Silent auction event for some larger items in the 100-600$ range.

Maybe A rodi system or A new gyer pump. Maybe even a controler system or mp 40 wave maker. Well see what we can come up with. Last year we auctioned off a mp60, a top of the line ATO system, and a awesome 200 gallon+ rated skimmer. Highest bidder wins the item.

See you again soon and remember the corals you saw donated by the local clubs, but maybe you didn't win them, are all on in the store and they always give us great deals if you show them your CLUB card. Thanks to Top Shelf, Sea in the city and Reefers direct who had some nice donations for the clubs event.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Are you able to participate in the rafle or silent action if you can not attend the meeting? I believe a have a work holiday party the same day.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgoesma View Post
    Are you able to participate in the rafle or silent action if you can not attend the meeting? I believe a have a work holiday party the same day.
    You have to be present to participate, however you can ask another member to bid and pay for you. Jim will know all the details including the items.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    If you bought frags and forgot the names, you can always review all the frags from the event, but if you want a list of only the frags that you won, just go to this URL:

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/forum/orca_fa...mybids&faid=19

If you didn't buy any, the list will be empty.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal