Thread: July 2016 meeting - Speaker presentation by Ricardo Laso

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

July 2016 meeting - Speaker presentation by Ricardo Laso

How to get your tank to care for itself.
    or.....
    Why you need the latest !!!!!

This months meeting will be a presentation on the the latest gear trends and equipment by our own Ricardo Laso of CoralVue. Ricardo has been attending the world aquarium shows, and working to develop and bring to the US some of the latest equipment. He has the inside scoop on the latest in the industry. DC Pumps, Skimmer changes, LED, controllers and more oh-my. Get a better understanding of new technology, learn something new. Most of all have a good time with old friends and make some new friends.

Meeting will be at
    Jim Kanouff's Lovely home
    9143 Savannah Ainsley Lane
    Orlando, Fl 32832

Important, At the Gate look up Kanouff to be buzzed in. Do not tailgate, one at a time.

All are welcome.

Meeting is Saturday July 30, 2016 @ 7:00pm
    Doors open at 6:00 PM
    The meeting starts at about 7:00PM.

Lots of fun and good times. Food, drinks Snack.

There will also be an excellent raffle.
    Included in the raffle will be some great frags from the famous World Wide Corals, and some additional donated corals.

This is something you just can't miss.

We'll see you there.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Few quick shots of some of Jims tanks at the house.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2450.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	4099

Name:	IMG_2451.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	4100

Name:	IMG_2454.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	4101

Name:	IMG_2452.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	4102
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

There will be some chicken wings on the grill snacks n drinks and kids are always welcome. Remember to bring something to take frags home in if you win something. I may even give out a few free frags to make some room. See you all later.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Many thanks to our speaker Ricardo for an informative presentation looking at whats new in the lighting world and a glimpse at other new products hitting the stores soon.. Also thanks to our host Jim and Liz for letting us share their home for the meeting.
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Flcorals View Post
    Many thanks to our speaker Ricardo for an informative presentation looking at whats new in the lighting world and a glimpse at other new products hitting the stores soon.. Also thanks to our host Jim and Liz for letting us share their home for the meeting.
    Was My pleasure, I will try to post more often on what is coming to the market
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth