Looking to buy the following items:

Apex jr
    Smart ATO
    Mag 9.5
    (2) sheets of Black eggcrates

FYI I can get the Apex Jr for $203 Brand new
    The Smart ATO goes for $149 Brand new

I'm looking for a deal first on used.
    Regarding the black crate does anyone know who has it or where to get it.

Thanks

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

i had to get white from home depot.. i painted it and half of it has peeled off. doesn't have to be black obviously. BRS i think sells black.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA Forum Member Xtremeclownfish's Avatar
    I preferred black, any how I order 2 sheets. Also order the mag drive 9.5 and got a great deal on a apex jr.
    Jim do you know where to get the plastic screw for a mag drive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

what do you mean plastic screw? mag drive should come fully assembled and ready to go. and the venturi for the life reef skimmer "JEFF"S THE MAN" your getting, should just thread right on it. You want the water level to be stable and just under the out put from the exit line. Initially set the water level in the skimmer maybe 1" 1.5" below the top of the main compartment just below the neck tube. let it break in two days ish. Then fine tune after that. txt me if you got any other questions on the skimmer.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    FWIW topshelf did sell the black egg crate. They still may. Thats where i got mine. The black defiantly grows algae slower.
    dont know what screw you need, but a mcmastercarr is a great source of all sorts off the shelf bits and peices. A bit more trouble, and cost when in jam micro plastics https://secure.microplastics.com has all sorts of plastic fasteners. they have distributors who sell smaller quantities.

no "smart ATO", but have a new in box JBJ Ato i can do for $50
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.