Last week, my brother helped me getting the equipment and setting up my tank while I was away busy at several appointments. When I came back, I was impressed with the way everything turned out. Live rock and sand installed and saltwater delivered. The tank has been running for a week now and it looks awesome. Except one thing. The overflow is one of those that hang from the back of the tank. I'm nervous that this is not reliable enough.

My question is: Should I stop the current cycle for a moment? My plan is to empty the water in a can, carefully remove the rocks and place in another can with some of the water and do the same with the sand. Then, take the tank outside and drill the necessary holes to build a good overflow system. I'm thinking like a "Bean Animal" design. Put the pipes in place, put back rocks, sand, and water.

Is this a good idea? Since I don't have any corals or fish, I thought this is the moment to do it.

Tank details: 65g. already checked and it's not tempered glass for front, back and sides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.