Thread: New member here, please advise of next meeting?

ORCA Forum Member

New member here, please advise of next meeting?

We are back in the hobby and would like to know when and where the next meeting will take place. Please advise

Thank you,

Joel and Denise

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    We have meetings the last Saturday of every month except November and December.
    There's no meeting in November and in December we have a holiday celebration instead.
    Regular club meetings are open to the public, holiday celebration at the end of year is for club members only.

Information about this month meeting will be posted soon.

Welcome !!!
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

welcome Joel and Denise. Hopefully see you at a great event thats coming up = reefapalooza. They are running a banner on the site. its a must go to so see all the great stuff out there. nearly "macna" size event.

many of us are going both days. see u soon.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    welcome Joel and Denise. Hopefully see you at a great event thats coming up = reefapalooza. They are running a banner on the site. its a must go to so see all the great stuff out there. nearly "macna" size event.

many of us are going both days. see u soon.
    Great seeing you again, Jim!

Any chance I can grab the par meter from you @ the next club meeting?

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Legacy High School
    1550 E. Crown Pt. Rd.
    Ocoee, FL 34761
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobbravo2 View Post
    Great seeing you again, Jim!

Any chance I can grab the par meter from you @ the next club meeting?
    I just got it from tucker on sunday/ yesterday. ill try n get done with it quick, and bring it to the meeting no problem. see you there.. and we owe you one or two picture contest win's of raffle tickets i think.. what a great show huh!
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

I just got it from tucker on sunday/ yesterday. ill try n get done with it quick, and bring it to the meeting no problem. see you there.. and we owe you one or two picture contest win's of raffle tickets i think.. what a great show huh!
    Awesome show! Heard murmurs that Ecotech will be revealing the gen 4 Radions at Macna this year.

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    Will be talking about refugiums and demo on how to drill a glass tank. And a diy on a simple refugiums .
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Legacy High School
    1550 E. Crown Pt. Rd.
    Ocoee, FL 34761
    What time tonight?

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

6 pm is the usual time.. ill have the par meter for you.
    40 softies set up.

6 pm is the usual time.. ill have the par meter for you.
    Thank you!

ORCA Forum Member
    Thank you all! We did attend Reefapolooza this year, it was awesome! We picked up a 20G JBJ frag tank , Also got lucky at the raffles with 12 buckets of Fritz Aquatic marine salt and a Aqua FX RODI. We look forward to meeting everyone at the next club meeting.

We missed a meeting? I thought there wasn't one in April because of the show ;(

Hi, New to the site... I'm in Lakeland.
    Do you have a schedule of meetings - looked could not find one.
    Thanks Jerry
    40 Gal Innovative Marine Tank, Reactor, Skimmer.
    Radion XR15 Pro, MP10wQD with Apex.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

its been a bit fly by wire last three months with shows in town and few key members on some dive trips. its typically the last saturday of the month at 6 pm and the location is usually posted by now. well try n get that up asap for end of july's meeting. thanks and hope to see u there.
    40 softies set up.