Thread: 125 gallon

ORCA Forum Member

125 gallon

Hello,
    As some of you may have seen my thread in the new members thread I thought maybe I should actually post a tank thread since that thread is mostly for just introducing yourself. I just wanted to update and show progress I have been making. I think the tank is heading in the right direction for sure. I picked up the pmk module for my apex so now I am monitoring par values 24/7 which is pretty awesome I must admit. I also ordered the DOS pump from neptune which should arrive sometime this upcoming week. Thinking about dosing NoPOx with it and use kalk for now in my ATO since I dont have much demand yet. I just finished doing my first aquascape would like some opinions on it. Only thing Im afraid of is I dont have any epoxy currently so they are just piled together at the moment. Its still a bit cloudy from adding sand and moving everything around.

So far parameters:

Sg= 35ppt
    pH= 8.21
    Nitrate= .09
    Phosphate= .03
    dkh= 10.42
    Calcium= 422
    Temp= 78.4

Now just gotta keep it going!

Jason

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Looks great. let me know how you like the par meter for the apex. i have been considering that addition. maybe bring up the CA a bit. let the alk fall a bit. hows MAG?

Should be able to get great flow on the aquascape. lots of places to mount frags.

Are you setting up to do monthly WC? if so how much which salt? Saturated talk may keep up with the demand pretty well for awhile. I'm finally reaching the point where i need about an extra 10 ML a week over what the Kalk can supply in the main tank.
    Ph and temp are holding in a great spot. which is good.. no chiller right?
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA Forum Member
    Hey Jim,
    Hope youre having a good Monday. Thanks I thought it looked like I could have a lot of fun with frags with this aquascape as well. I was planning on maybe doing weekly water changes for now until my tank ages a little more. Maybe 10% so 15 gallons roughly. Nope no chiller those kessils dont heat the water at all so tank hovers around 78-79 24/7. I see from your signature you use lifereef for both systems. I just contacted him regarding the idea of switching over to a Lifereef skimmer since I am sick and tired of my vertex.I tend to have to travel quite a bit and that thing has been so frustrating. Eventually I would like to possibly have him make me a sump and refugium for the 240 when I set it back up.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    The tank is looking great.
    I will also upgrade my AquaController III to an Apex, I'm just waiting for it to arrive and then with time I'll add some more whistles.
    I have a portable par meter so I do not need another one, but I'm considering adding a DOS pump in the future.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

ORCA Forum Member
    Hey Cesar,
    Hope you had a good Monday as well. Thats awesome I thought about getting the portable one but thought might as well get the one for the apex. i believe the DOS pump should be here around Wednesday so if you want you could come check it out and see what you think. From what I have read I dont think anyone will be disappointed. Although for the price it should be quite the dosing pump... Quite a bit more clear today.

Also this picture is over 2 years but just wanted to show you guys how tiny both of these guys were when I first got them. They have been best of pals since day one. They started out in a 75 gallon. They are my pride and joy and just love those two.