Thread: Hello everyone!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

Yeah, house will have spray foam, even in the attic which will be conditioned. AC systems are 16 SEER but Lennox. Mid-tier brand from my previous experience with them but that's okay, just means I can expect to replace them within ten years. The house will have an air exchange system because of how tight spray foam houses typically are. Good idea on the weatherproof outlet. I switched the one near the tank to GFCI and it shouldn't be too hard to retro a weatherproof outlet in place of it and the one in the garage which was already GFCI. I may just look at using bulkheads at the drywall with some true unions on each side to facilitate cleaning and/or replacement. Or, I could just use a hole saw on a drill to match the plumbing size and rely on friction with unions on each side lol!

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Awesome. Sounds like your set up to succeed for sure. And as much work as a new construction house is, its peace of mind you did it the way you want it to be.

Keep us informed and make sure you go thru the whole house with a video recorder before they insulate and drywall for future use. Very very handy in future projects and locating lost or covered up stuff. If you can check on the house during the construction, thats great as well. Keep paper copies of everything exchanged with the builder to minimize cost run overs and extras in the end at the closing table which will be two months behind schedule at least, it always is I'm in the business lol..
    I'm a big fan of led lighting thru out also.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!