Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
Welcome Jason,
Nothing like a new tank project to get the wheels turning.. things I consider a must on a 100+ is house water supply at the sump/ filter RODI location with a gravity drain at the same a small sink is really nice, dedicated power with a power outage plan maybe a small generator around some where, two smaller ac systems vs one large one for solid temperature control as it gets hot fast in fl if an AC has a bad day, and space to expand n work as the setup matures.

Your welcome to come check out my place or ask for more details on how I have done mine. I am a third generation residential construction guy. I built my home with the lines where i wanted my tanks. I also converted my detached garage into a fish room recently. I have water lines going to n from all my tank locations to move new n old SW around as well as get rid of waste n so forth and it really helps towards the over all goal of consistency and manageability long term on bigger systems and multi systems.
I was hoping to get a floor drain in the garage but no such luck. What I will have a is a utility tub that I can at least set my RODI in so if it leaks it just drains. Also allows me to plumb an overflow line for my RODI tank to the sink so if a float valve fails it'll just drain into the sink.

We will have 2 AC's and I also have a generator powerful enough to run the tank, a fridge, and maybe something else. Insulated garage door so the temp, at least gauging from some of the spec houses they have, doesn't get too much warmer in the garage. Would like to avoid a chiller if possible. In my current house I have my controller, fresh sw tank, RODI tank, and old sw tank in my garage just opposite the wall where my current tank sits. Life saver since I've done it that way. Apex DOS for auto water changes.

Next step in this house will be to house the sump and equipment in the garage to make maintenance even easier. I'll be able to build in a distribution header off the return to power reactors, feed the fuge, and one or two more for anything else I come up with. My wife will love me changing out reactor media in the garage instead of the kitchen lol! I do need to find a clean way to pass water lines from the tank through the wall to the garage. Want to experiment with how to pass the Apex USB through the wall too. Might be able to use some stand alone USB wall outlets but need to make sure any pin connections are correct. The thought is to put one EB8 on the tank side to power lights and power heads with everything else powered off another EB8 in the garage.

Would love to check out the 300DD sometime once we get down there. That was atop my wish list but budget wouldn't realistically allow a new one and used ones are hit or miss to find. The 210 was a pretty good deal that I couldn't pass up.

Thanks all for the welcome!