+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is Longwood Aquariums

ORCA Forum Member

Who is Longwood Aquariums

Thought it appropriate to explain who Longwood Aquariums is. To start with the reason we are listed within Coral Reef Aquariums is the fact that we are partially the old Coral Reef Aquariums. As some of you may know we started and operated Coral Reef Aquariums since 2004. On December 2, 2014 we sold our company to a large south Florida company that intended to focus on Service and general sales under the name Modern Aquaria. It was a time my wife and I thought; great its time to retire and we can focus on what we love "Cruise Ships".

Modern Aquaria decided to completely renovate the store and shut down for about three months to complete the renovation. They reopened on Feb 28th and began to focus on some specialized areas of the industry. Around May 2015 I began to get calls from the corporate headquarters discussing concern that they were struggling with the remote management of the store since the corporate management team overseeing the expansion into Central Florida had left the company. As it progressed they made a decision to shut the location down and asked if I could help liquidate the assets.

I was extremely disappointed to think the store would be shut down since for 10 years we operated a successful business with a profit each month. I knew of a past customer that felt the same way so we got together and made an offer to purchase the assets under a bulk asset purchase on May 29th. On June 1st we started Longwood Aquariums. While Coral Reef was a success we now have a very modern completely renovated store with a huge selection of livestock and knock your socks of Corals. We continually add products and livestock selections to make it not just a neat LFS but a great LFS.

We are well funded so our selections will continue to be top notch and our service as always is superior. For the 60 days or so that we've been open its extremely gratifying to have our old customers coming back and expressing great satisfaction that we're back. Our formal Grand Opening is coming up the end of August watch for details.

In the meantime whether you were a Coral Reef Aquariums, Modern Aquaria customer or neither stop in and say hi and check out our new store. our Facebook page is www.facebook.com/longwoodaquariums
    Last edited by CoralReef; 08-15-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Welcome back !!!

It is great to have you around Tony.

We will be at the grand reopening...

Good luck !!!
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Welcome Back,Tony!

Sorry that you can't be cruising though.
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks Cesar its good to be back

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks David good to be back but this time I have a business partner so we will be doing some cruising

+ Reply to Thread