ccampo, after writing that last reply I did google "cooking" LR and quickly realized I had no idea what I was talking about. And it looks like quite a task.

Jim28fl, this is not my first tank but it feels like it. I have had a fish only tank since Nov of 2012, but made some bad decisions when purchasing equipment. Mainly my cabinet, it was a Deep Blue 36" wide cabinet. The front of the cabinet had two small doors on either side with a BIG board centered on the front. This made it VERY difficult to do any maintenance. Plus 15 gallon water changes with 5 gallon buckets was not working for me. I am sure you are laughing at me, but I needed to get realistic if I was going to continue in this hobby. So started over in Sept. of 2014 with a IM Fusion 20, which I am very happy with. Especially the water changes, 4 gallons a week, it takes me about 10 minutes not including mixing the salt.

I really appreciate all the advise. I have a lot to chew on. I think I have these expectations of having a perfect tank, but maybe I need to realize what I am dealing with... nature.

P.S. how do you become a club member, when is the next meeting? I have so many more questions besides this one, and all of the local fish stores want to sell me a fix.