As many of you know, somebody gave me a nice addition (stated with great sarcasm) to the aquarium--mujanos. They must have been small and hiding, because I transferred them from my 70 to the 300 at school, without knowing it. This is after my standard of a minimum of a month quarantine. Well I used several products, but could not keep up with them in my 70 (there were about 3000). So I "nuked" my tank. I removed the inhabitants and then pulled all of the rock and treated them with Hydrochloric acid, an advantage of being a science teacher. I did not treat the rocks for a couple of hours but for a couple of weeks. I wanted these guys dead! The acid did the trick, but then I had to start all over.

The kids had been "tasing" them in the 300 and keeping them under control, but this summer they decided to start reproducing. They killed a Montipora digitata from Sea World and started to kill another SPS from Sea World. Something had to be done. I pulled some of the rock and did the acid treatment, but I did not want to tear the entire 300 apart. Then I met Matthew Court from Sea Life Aquariums in Apopka, FL. He and his partner have developed a formula that is stronger than the normal Aiptasia killers and is reef safe. I was skeptical since I had tried the others, but decided to try it. I obtained a bottle from Matthew and followed his instructions. He said that it is designed from Aiptasia; therefore, it might take two attempts to get the Mujanos. I am glad to say that it did kill them and it did it on the first attempt! Two days later, I found only one and it was in a location that it probably was hiding at the time of treatment. None of my corals or fish are showing any signs of stress. In fact, the fish are as hungry as ever.

I will include before and after pictures; however, because of the glass and the placement of the mujanos, the pictures aren't very clear. However, in the first one you can see tentacles and in the second one, you do not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	4033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1154.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	4034