Thread: Keys Trip September 4th - 7th

Keys Trip September 4th - 7th

We're headed back to the keys again September 4th - 7th. Please call to reserve your spot. You need to let them know if you need your own room (costs extra). The plan is to dive a wreck in the morning (approximately 80' - 100' to the deck) and a shallow reef in the afternoon. Advanced certification is required. Enriched Air Nitrox certification will allow you extra bottom time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keys Trip.jpg  

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I'll call this week to reserve our spots, one for me and another one for Paula.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Just a reminder: Deposits are due to The Dive Station for this trip. The trip sold out more than a month in advance last year. We stayed in 2 bed room apartments with a full kitchen. The diving is something everyone on the trip last year will remember for a long time. Everyone who went last year plans to go again.

It's not too late to get certified, so you can join us on this trip. Did anyone enjoy this trip last year? Maybe Lloyd and Max can re-post the excellent videos of the trip?

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I'm booked, I already made the reservation for me and my daughter, my whole family will be with us too.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Booked four divers with Keith this morning, Just need to make sure 2 past their training!, Looking forward to to this trip
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Nine ORCA members are currently signed up for this trip. I expect 2 to 4 for more in our group to sign up. The total people from Orlando going on this trip should be around 20. We will take up most of the boat each day.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I'm all set now. I just called and confirmed the reservation I did more than 2 months ago. I can't wait to get wet again. See you there, I'll be traveling on Friday afternoon.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Looks like the tides will be great for snorkeling after our morning dives from the beach at the resort. clean incoming water all three days 4-7 pm ish.. see you all down there.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Don't forget to can your tanks from The Dive Station, I picked mine up today.
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Yes, this is the trip we all waited a long time for. The conditions look great (better than last year). Hopefully, the currents and visibility will also be in our favor:

FRIDAY
    EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT

EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT

SOUTHEAST TO SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=gmz052

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    This was a good trip, the overall visibility was not very good and there were some strong currents on the wrecks, other than that the trip was worth.
    Good dives.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal