Thread: Boynton Beach dives on Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th

Boynton Beach dives on Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th

We're headed back to Boynton Beach to dive again. Six ORCA divers are diving on the mornings of Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th.

We had a great time diving this past weekend. The water temperatures were around 80 degrees. We saw lots of corals, fish, turtles, eels and a large nurse shark. The barrel sponges were spawning this past weekend and they made a mess in the water. The visibility was approximately 30' on Saturday and 80' on Sunday.

It was very cool to see a huge Lobo colony. We also saw lots of coral banded shrimp. Lots of anenomies were spotted, including a large carpet anenome. We saw two turtles come together and head towards the surface belly to belly. It was also interesting to see two large green morays (approximately 4' - 6' each) together side by side under a coral ledge. We saw Hawksbill and Loggerhead turtles.

I slowed the every weekend dive pace down a little. Someone was getting in trouble with their spouse for diving every weekend. I didn't schedule any dives for the weekend of our next ORCA meeting.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Hey Chip did you get the names of the reefs we dove last weekend in Boynton Beach ? I'm updating my dive log, but I'm missing the names of those beautiful reefs.
    Very nice dives by the way, thanks for setting everything up.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Yes, I always get the names.

Brown House to Boynton Ledge
    65' max depth
    62 minute run time

Briney Breezes
    65' max depth
    64 minute run time

Lynn's Reef
    64' max depth
    64 minute run time

Gulf Stream
    66' max depth
    64 minute run time

Yes, they were excellent. We dove with the owner of the dive charter operation. I saw approximately 10 coral banded shrimp on each dive. We also saw lots of Peterson shrimp. It's amazing on the low current dives. It's like you put on a macro lens.

The main part of the dive season is here. The seas are starting to settle down. Less than 2' seas was a nice change.

You are welcome! It's a pleasure to dive with a wonderful group of experienced divers.