Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March ORCA meeting Guest speaker and Chili Cook off

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member

March ORCA meeting Guest speaker and Chili Cook off

March's meeting will be a Speaker event with Joe Yaiullo and a CHILI COOK OFF Saturday March 28th, The meeting will be at our house

13331 Swansea Ave, Windermere, FL 34786

Doors open at 6:00PM for Chili cookers an early birds. The meeting starting at about 7:00PM.

Joe Yaiullo was finally able to clear his schedule and will be coming to the Chili Cook-off. He is planning on speaking about what it takes to maintain a 15 year old 20,000 gallon

aquarium.

If you want to enter the Chili contest just bring your Chili. Make sure to have the supplies needed to contain it and serve it. The winner gets 25 raffle tickets.

There will be a bounce house for the kids to enjoy, and plenty of people to have fun with. So if you think you have what it takes to produce the winning Chili BRING IT
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

I can't cook worth a DARN, but i can eat. can't wait.. see you all soon..
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

How much chili are you cooking Lloyd?

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    How much chili are you cooking Lloyd?
    A special hot one you might like!
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Chip, don't forget to bring your own chili!

I don't know if anyone will eat any if I bring it. You probably don't have enough milk.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    try us!

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    See you tonight.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427552042.547128.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	3980

Uh ohhh

It's on !
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Looks good for 2nd place!

Lloyd and Sarah ty for your lovely hospitality, as always your home and tank are beautiful. I had alot of fun and ty all for coming and sharing some experiences.

P.S. TY ORCA for another great meeting and speaker

I forgot to mention that the food was great!! Also congrats to phil in winning the chili cook off and ty to everyone that participated.

P.S. I wonder what the next cook off will be and will phil take the ribbon again :O

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks a lot Lloyd and Sarah, thanks to all chili cookers, thanks to Joe and thanks every body.... it was a great meeting.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Good times everyone. I loved the chili and i even bounced a bit in the bounce house. got to talk with JOE, and as always enjoyed Lloyd's tank. i loved it..

see you all again soon.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Great meeting last night, Congrats to our first chili cook off winner Phil. Next year i'll try and beat you!

I'm glad every one enjoyed themselves, including the kids using the bounce house.

ORCA Forum Member
    This was by far my favorite meeting since I started. The chili cook off was a great idea, the speaker was great, the bounce house idea was great. All around great night.

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    I concur really enjoyed it. Thanks David for all the work touring Joe. Thanks Lloyd and Sarah for hosting. And thanks all for the good time. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427809478.895641.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	3981
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

The meeting was great! Thank you to Lloyd, Sara and Max for hosting the meeting. David and ORCA for having Joe talk to everyone. Also, thank you to everyone who brought chili.

ORCA Forum Member
    Thank you Lloyd & Sara! what size powerheads do you have your tank! Voyager go 2800, 3200, 3600, 4000 which one? Loved the flow in the tank thinking of getting the same setup.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    I have one Voyager HP 8 and one Voyager HP 9 (3200 and 3600). I like them as they are super quiet and switchable