Thread: Dosing Hydrogen Peroxide - The best kept secret for algae and dinos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks for sharing. However, I had a couple comments about the video:

1. DO NOT use 35% H2O2 with the dosing routine I described. I dose 1mL per 10 gallon with 3% H2O2. 35% would have to be diluted before adding it to your aquarium.
    2. It is safe for crustaceans (but probably not for him since he used 35%). I have a blue lobster, a pair of coral banded shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, 3 mithrax crabs, and a sally lightfoot crab. They are all doing great 7 days into dosing.
    3. Everything else about his video was spot on. REDOX/ORP is up, clarity has significantly improved, and algae continues to become rarer and rarer of a sight in my tank.

Good luck, and let me know how it works for you!

ORCA Forum Member
    How long after the initial 3 day dark peroid do you intend to keep dosing?
    Also may i ask do you keep your skimmer running?

ORCA Forum Member
    Caffboy:

My skimmer has been running the entire time. I stopped dosing the day before yesterday and I'm going back to vodka dosing, not because H2O2 isn't GREAT, but because I don't want my tank being monopolized with one kind of bacteria. H2O2 kills dinos, algae, makes the water crystal clear, and increased the health of my take noticeably. However, vodka dosing has its benefits, too, and now that my tank is 'clean' I'd like to bring up the bacteria count again and get my corals growing in overdrive. Goodluck with the H2O2 dosing, you won't regret it!