Saturday at CoralCon I bought a Purple Tang. I know it was a coral show not a fish show, however I've wanted one for a long time but couldn't rationalize the price. Well one of the vendors had two small ones and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Especially since I was working our club's booth and Jim had his Purple Tang in the display tank there egging me on.

Once I acclimated the Purple Tang, I put it in my 120G. I already have a Hippo Tang and a Yellow Tang so I was a little concerned with how they would get along. Unfortunately, they didn't; the Yellow Tang immediately started harassing the Purple Tang so I turned the lights out. Sunday morning as soon as the lights came on the Yellow Tang again went after the Purple Tang without letting up at all. The funny thing was the Hippo Tang kept going between the Yellow and Purple trying to be the peacekeeper.

I printed out four pictures of Yellow Tang and taped two to the front of the tank and one on each side. The Yellow Tang went behind the rocks and didn't go near the Purple Tang or the pictures. The Purple Tang is doing fine mostly hanging around the left side of the tank while the Yellow Tang continues to stay on the right side behind the rock structures, occasionally coming out to pick at the rocks and eat, but is leaving the Purple Tang alone when it does. I'll leave the pictures up for a few days and hope that the Yellow Tang continues to behave once I take them down.