Thread: New member from Gainesville, FL

ORCA Forum Member

New member from Gainesville, FL

Hey guys!

My name is Nick and I moved down here to Orlando for graduate school in December, but didn't know about this forum until now. I'm 24 and grew up in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for much of my childhood. In fact, I became PADI scuba certified when I was 13 in Cuba and began collecting my first - and very unfortunate - reef fish, inverts, and corals (Cuba's reefs are pristine!). Since then, I've kept saltwater reef tanks and have even operated my own legitimate (wholesale/retail/FWC/business licenses) sustainable coral-growing operation to help supply the hobby with responsibly-grown corals. Anyway, I currently have a 65g reef tank set up in my apartment downtown and I am still in the process of stocking it. I have visited Sea in the City, Ocean Blue, and Top Shelf Aquatics, as well as World Wide Corals so far. Am I missing any good ones that I don't know about? I look forward to attending meetings and doing some trades. Thanks for reading!

-Nick

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Welcome to ORCA forums Nick.

We are fortunate to have such a good selection of LFS, all the ones you named are good, Living Reef in the east side of Orlando is also a good one.

If you still do scuba diving we also have a group of scuba divers and we are very active during summer.

I hope you can make it to one of the meetings some day, you'll have fun !!!

Bienvenido
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Welcome!
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

Welcome to the community.
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

Welcome Nick. Yes, we have great LFS here in Orlando. You might want to attend Coral Con later this month. We are having a club meeting at David's school after the show that Saturday night. You can check out the schools 300 gallon tank.

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21660

We also have a great group of experienced divers. We had a dive almost every weekend this last summer. When's the last time you went diving?
    Last edited by Chip; 10-13-2014 at 02:01 PM.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Welcome to the ORCA forum.
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Welcome and Enjoy