Thread: RBTA or Rainbow BTA for sale or trade! $50

ORCA Forum Member

RBTA or Rainbow BTA for sale or trade! $50

These guys split again so I have several of them to sell or trade. Even though I moved everything to a 120G they still take up a lot of space. I've always called them RBTAs but others call them Rainbow BTA. They have pink/orange tips with green at the base. Selling them for $50 each but would be willing to trade for encrusting montis, chalices or nice zoas. Unfortunately, when I moved everything over to the 120G I lost several montis that I had traded for already so would like to get more. One was red with blue polyps and another was Jedi Mind Trick. Pick up in Mt Dora.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RBTA_DSC00776_130318.jpg  

ORCA Forum Member
    Im interested in another BTA. The one I got from you a wile back is huge but still has yet to split. Ive got a spot ready for another. If you willing to deliver you are welcome to come cherry pick my tank a bit for montis. I belive the red/blue was superman (I have lots more). I have plenty more of the Jedi mind trick as well. I have several other varieties of caps and encrusting. The ORCA meeting is at my place on Saturday if you have time to kill. Would love to have ya

ORCA Forum Member
    Would you want me to bring the anemone to the meeting or do that separately? I'm good either way.

Quote Originally Posted by like-fish View Post
    Im interested in another BTA. The one I got from you a wile back is huge but still has yet to split. Ive got a spot ready for another. If you willing to deliver you are welcome to come cherry pick my tank a bit for montis. I belive the red/blue was superman (I have lots more). I have plenty more of the Jedi mind trick as well. I have several other varieties of caps and encrusting. The ORCA meeting is at my place on Saturday if you have time to kill. Would love to have ya

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Bring if you don't mind. if like-fish doesn't buy it i will.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA Forum Member
    I have more than one so if you are going to the meeting for sure I will bring one for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    Bring if you don't mind. if like-fish doesn't buy it i will.

ORCA Forum Member
    if you bring it with you that would be great! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I might also be interested in buying one at the meeting.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by budsreef View Post
    I have more than one so if you are going to the meeting for sure I will bring one for you as well.
    Yah ill give yah 50$ for one. don't go crazy to try n get one out but if he is easy to get out. he will go nicely with the anemone theme tank i guess i have set up now.

Im curious about why you think they are splitting for you well talk at the meeting ill tell what induced my RBTA's to split recently. Salinity spike. ATO was messed up on my 29 and i actually got some greta pics of them ripping apart as they actually were splitting. Saving those for the pic contest.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

ORCA Forum Member
    You got it! I'll see you at the meeting. I'm not sure why these guys have split so much. The original splits were probably due to the shock of being put in buckets and driven for eight hours before resetting up the tank here in Mt Dora with about half original water and half new water. After that they all split again while in the 40G over the past year. One of them split into three parts. All immediately healed up have looked great in the 40G and now in the 120G.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    Yah ill give yah 50$ for one. don't go crazy to try n get one out but if he is easy to get out. he will go nicely with the anemone theme tank i guess i have set up now.

Im curious about why you think they are splitting for you well talk at the meeting ill tell what induced my RBTA's to split recently. Salinity spike. ATO was messed up on my 29 and i actually got some greta pics of them ripping apart as they actually were splitting. Saving those for the pic contest.