Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael's 180g Reef

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    wow quite a video. nice. like the scuba diver affect (wish i still had my underwater camera ;-( ) Bunch of sticks will be huge soon, I like. tank is looking good.

in part of the video there a pan, is that yousing the Foscams?

I am battling a similar alge. what are your weapons? I am doing larger water changes, blowing it off the rocks, changing filters more, and sucking it off the sand.

Got to check out the gyre at macna. it was the final production style prototype. so not the offical one. moved a impressive amount of water, in a reef. but it was a bit disappointing. Kind of a tipical china product. a bit cheap looking not sure about its build quality and longevity. they say it comes with spare parts to wash while you put it back in action. I wonder if this is due to failure rate of the parts or need of frequent cleaning. the idea is great, time will tell. worked well for going up the Mississippi. they are saying October for release. just in time for holidays
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

Pan was with tripod. Foscam quality for video is not that great

As far as algae other than how my system is setup the only other weapon is patience. I really do nothing to the system, just let it settle into balance by itself without extra filters, chemical media etc. Skimmer and chaeto under high lights are the only things I use, even water changed are rare lol, lately been doing them maybe once every 2 months around 50g.

As far as gyre I plan to wait a bit after release and see the reviews before getting one, but I imagine it will be fine.

Your tank looks great. Thank you for sharing the video.

Tank is looking really good! Love the video cam and as mentioned above the diver look is great! What kind of camera are you using?
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR

Used Nikon COOLPIX AW120 for that, rest with just normal DSLR and tripod. Took it to Hawaii last month, held up pretty well for snorkeling, probably could use it for diving as well as long as it's not too deep or too long.

Nice video man. I think the clown was very interested in what you were doing :p
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Cool Video, Thanks for sharing
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Used Nikon COOLPIX AW120 for that, rest with just normal DSLR and tripod. Took it to Hawaii last month, held up pretty well for snorkeling, probably could use it for diving as well as long as it's not too deep or too long.
    Did you move the camera around the tank with your hand or did you use a mount on a pole?

My hand

Some live feeds Tank one is somewhat pointless with all the blue light though.

Lol, I see you cooking without a shirt on :p
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

My In-Wall 125

Not anymore!

lol

My In-Wall 125

Changed my sump lighting today. Switched from Cree XM-L U2 leds to a mix of red/royal blue/hyper violet/neutral white. Looks a little better and will hopefully be more beneficial to growing macro algae.

Quick video update. Added Gyre pump to the tank.

Video update. New scape.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Looking great man. Have you set up a frag tank for any of those great pieces yet? There growing out nicely.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Frag tank been up and running for a while now. Have bunch of frags/colonies etc in it up for sale.

What made you decide to re-aqua scape?
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR