Announcing the ORCA Picture of the Month Contest!

I am thrilled to announce that ORCA will be holding a photo contest starting January 2014!

Here's how it will work:

There will be one picture contest per month. All of the entries will be submitted during the first 3 weeks of the month and after that we will be able to vote for our favorite picture through the polling function of the site until the day of the meeting that month when the winner will be announced. There will be one winner each month, as determined by the number of votes, and each one of the winning pictures will be pictured on the home page of the website for the following month, with credits to whoever submitted the picture.

In addition to being featured on the front page of the ORCA website, the winning person will be awarded 10 raffle tickets to be used during that ORCA meeting, same month, you need to attend that meeting to be able to claim those tickets though, and you also need to be present to win if you participate in the raffle!

Here are more details about the picture contest:
  1. Everybody can participate by submitting pictures and then vote for your favorite picture when the voting period opens.
  2. A limit of three pictures per ORCA Club member and one picture per ORCA forum member per month will be imposed.
  3. Total limit of 20 pictures per month, this can change month to month, but once we reached that month's limit no more pictures will be allowed to be entered that month.
  4. Any reef aquarium-related pictures may be entered, from macros to full tank shots, however during some months we will be asking to submit pictures based on a theme.
  5. Each month's picture contest will be announced separately with its own thread, the thread will contain information about the theme or if it is open.
  6. All site members may vote for their favorite picture, one vote per user.
  7. None of the usernames or names of the photographers will be revealed until the winning pictures are announced, you can provide or post comments in the forum's thread that month but we suggest that people refrain from identifying an specific picture as yours.
  8. Winner picture will be announced during that same month's ORCA meeting when all the votes are counted.

If you have any questions, please PM me or post them here.

I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with...I have no doubt that we will have some amazing pictures to choose from!