Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Wall 125 Gallon

Rubber Mats to reduce vibration, and if water is spilled to keep off wood.

014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

My In-Wall 125

ORCA Forum Member
    Very clean work!!

Looking great!

Now to water test it.

*Crosses Fingers*

My In-Wall 125

Only one leak was found an that was at the bulkhead return on left side. I dried it up an I am going to try some Aqueon Silicone Aquarium Sealant around the bulkhead nut area. I think I may have over tightened it or something not to sure.

My In-Wall 125

Draining tank today from fresh and putting salt water in. Then sand and rock.

Also decided to post pictures of my refugium that I have had up and running for a few weeks now that will be on the 125. It is standalone right now but will be gravity feeding the 125. The manifold will supply water to it and water will freely flow out into the top of the 125.

I had an explosion of pods. I also lost my Dragon Tongue Algae.

My In-Wall 125

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    Nice pluming looking good. Assume you got your leak narrowed down. From the pict it looks right, but hard to see. The washer always goes on the flange side so the threads don't get in the way. What are the big diameter pipes with caps and holes on them? To make water quiet? Good pods.
    ><((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ><(((((º>
    I keep water, last checked about 600 gallons worth.
    Problem is animals keep using it as there water closet.
    Worst of all the littlest ones keep using up all the supplies.

Ya, the big pipes were for filtration. They have a bunch of wholes in them at the bottom to let water out along with the bottom not having a cap. I have filter floss in them to catch detritus but it didn't work out as good as I thought. To much flow into them and it overflows out the top of the cap. That idea is scratched, and being re configured.

My In-Wall 125

Saltwater Going In

Got some things started.

Lights rail up, a vortech in, and saltwater going in as well. Going to have it up and running within the next few days.

Last picture is of the sea turtle skeleton that was found on the beach. I mounted it on some nice redwood.

My In-Wall 125

its looking good Phil

Quote Originally Posted by SaltWater View Post
    its looking good Phil
    Thanks Man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the tank water thats in the pic to 1.025 salinity and was able to get the rock from outside precleaned and put into tank. It was outside in the sun for with heaters and powerheads for 5 months. I used kents rock cleaner to scrub the algea off it.

I then put it all in the tank.
    Last edited by philip_r5; 05-03-2014 at 10:19 PM.

My In-Wall 125

looks good, hey would you clean your messaje box so I can send you a message
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

done

My In-Wall 125

Moving everything to 125.

Computer Room Mess.

My In-Wall 125

Old tank had some Coraline Algae I think :p

Light Rail.

Done Moving Everything.

My In-Wall 125

Its kind of cool that you can see how the lights are actually angled ( Lens ).

My In-Wall 125

Night 1

My In-Wall 125

Behind the Scene ( in the closet ) . Still have some stuff to do in here but this is what she looks like now.

Front Tank Shot, Day 2.

Comparison shot to that of before.

My In-Wall 125

Probably too late now, but if possible I would suggest turning all fixtures 90 degrees. That tank is not that wide so coverage would be still go from front to back and you would get better spread length wise.

Otherwise looks great, definitely would be nice to have a room behind my tank to hide extra things

Ya, I was wondering about that with the light rail that I have. However, my lights are dimmed to 80-85%. I could put them a little higher and raise the rail up a little to increase par. My sand bed in select spots gets 180-200. I have varing par throughout the tank. I think I am going to keep it like it is for now and continue to figure out par numbers throughout the tank. After conclusion I may or may not change them around.

Thanks for that input and bringing it up, always great to get another persons opinion.

Also as the water is getting clearer it is less noticeable on the 4 individual modules.

My In-Wall 125