Thread: Moon Wrasse

Moon Wrasse

Does anyone have any experience, with Moon wrasses? Live Aquaria list them as non reef compatible, but every other source on the net says the opposite, the main reason ghat I want him is to help eith bristle worms, i have just to many

Sent from my iPhone because I am not home with my fishes
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

they chew them worms up like candy

ORCA Forum Member
    LOL - Why didn't you ask this at the meeting when Tony Vargus was there?

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    LOL - Why didn't you ask this at the meeting when Tony Vargus was there?
    Ray is absolutely right!! why didn't you Tech?

Maybe he was a little shy that night? That would have been a good question?

I did not had the fish then!

55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techbiker View Post
    I did not had the fish then!

You bought the fish and ask the questions later?

Hope not :p
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

The fish was given to me,on monday, and as I stated before the person who got it for me confirm with the store, about to be reef safe, and they say yes, as i read on the net is fine as well, but on Live Aquaria, is not a reef safe, that why I am just asking if anyone has any experience with this fish.

Maybe they are saying unsafe cause it may tend to push stuff over? They are carnivores, and eat inverts so I don't really know. Just keep him feed :p

They also say a fish I have isn't really safe without caution but he hasn't done anything but bump stuff over. ( Emperor Angelfish )
    I lie... He did eat at one acro a while back but only picked at that one....
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

My In-Wall 125

Also thought I would stated that as Tony said "Will jump from an open-topped aquarium."

My In-Wall 125

Quote Originally Posted by philip_r5 View Post
    Also thought I would stated that as Tony said "Will jump from an open-topped aquarium."
    Now is on the Frag tank, i got and LED on it , i also put the crate in top, and i have a cover for the other tank, that is very slim, so since i have the 55 empty he can play around with out no problemo!

Well he is on my bigger tank, been torture by the yellow tang and the hipo, but this guy is fast, so far he just cruises around, and he is at Golden Corral with so many bristle worms, he also saw the cleaner shrimp but no attack has happen yet
    thanks for the feed back