Thread: Zoo's

Zoo's

Lately I been hanging out with the wrong people, and they got me into this addiction for Zoo's and palys,
    With that said, I have acquire some nice high end ones, sunny d's, red hornets, space monsters's fruit loops , outer chaos coming, and the list continues.
    What I have read and research on the conservation and propagation of this kind of corals, have not provide me, with info on this situation that I am going trough now.
    I have 12 different kinds of zoo's and on the last 3 weeks 4 of them just choose to not open, I do my water testing more than often, and everything seems to be in order, most of the additives that I use, I have been testing with and whit out them , but no results, the other detail is in some colonies just a polyp or two will open but not all, and in other colonies they are all open
    If anyone can give me some feedback will be great
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Did you dip your zoos before putting them in the tank? Zoas are susceptible to small nudibranchs. And when they irritate them, they will close. You can look closely to see if there are any on the colony. Also look for eggs.

For a dip here is a link to a thread at ReefCentral by MuchoReef, a friend of mine and a zoo guru. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=451720
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

I did deep them, but thanks for the link
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

Thank you for posting this David!

Well david i did found some, so i am in the proces to re diping all the zoo's thank good is none on my blue agave or my red hornets, although your friend MuchoReef, he really knows about zoo's
    thanks again for the hint
    Now i have to order Flat worm exit, they recomend to treat the tank for 6 weeks ading 10 drops a week to erradicate the ones still crawling, or just get a yellow wrasse, I like the natural method much better
    Best thing i ask before i loose any polip

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

You are welcome and if you want advice from Mucho directly, I can arrange it. Yes, he is that close of a friend.
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013