Thread: seahorse

seahorse

Would like to set up a 55 gallon tank 24" tall and 30" wide for a couple of sea horses, any info about anybody in orlando, who amy be experience on this?
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

ORCA Forum Member
    I don't know anyone in Orlando but a little further south (Ft. Pierce) is Seahorse Source which sells captive bred Seahorses.

thanks for the info, but i allready made contact with a breadder here in apopka, hope to get tons of info to do this project,
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

I looked at keeping them before, and the biggest thing I remember is the Temperature of the water. Tropical Seahorses can be kept @ 71-78 degrees, others are lower.

I have attacked a link to a site for ya.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/arti...ctsAndInfo.pdf
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125