Thread: Fox face troubled help needed

ORCA Forum Member

Fox face troubled help needed

Just got a Foxface. It was doing good for a few hours and it is now turned black and hanging by the skunk shrimp. Parasites? What can I do?

I do have coral also.

Thanks

How long has he been in the tank? He may just be very upset right now. Also, what kind of Foxface?
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

ORCA Forum Member
    Foxfaces exhibit really dramatic color changes. He's probably fine. I freaked out the first time the first one I owned did that. I have one now that goes from bright yellow to black very quickly if he feels like it.

Just give it time.

ORCA Forum Member
    I got him last night so he's been in the tank now for 14 hrs. He is the regular one yellow with a black and whit face and black spot on his back end. I wasn't worried so much of the color change because of stress just more so of the hanging around the cleaner shrimp. I cant see anything on him so i guess I'll just wait it out?

What size tank is he in?

He is a Siganus unimaculatus . Blotched Foxface, or One Spot Foxface

It is totally normal for a Foxface to be discolored or have spots anytime it is stressed or when the light first come on.This fish can show major discoloration (spotting, etc.) when acclimating, but it is not a reflection of its health.
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

My In-Wall 125

ORCA Forum Member
    ok cool Thanks much. He has been fine all day swimming normal and eating fine. Thanks OH btw I have a 100 gallon with a little bit of beginner corals

Happy to hear that.

My In-Wall 125