Thread: The Rebirth/Rebuild of my 180g sps thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I only have my little tank going but it's doing GREAT!!!! I even have a Maxima clam in it now. A little algae just now but I need a better fuge light, the one I'm using doesn't put out enough light.
    2009, 2010*and 2011 ORCA Mentoring Director. Proud to serve on the Board of Directors.
    (and I have no idea where the asterisk is coming from....)

Quote Originally Posted by MitchReef View Post
    I only have my little tank going but it's doing GREAT!!!! I even have a Maxima clam in it now. A little algae just now but I need a better fuge light, the one I'm using doesn't put out enough light.
    Sounds great! I will have to look for pics!
    Btw the asterisk is coming from your avatar scientist! Lol
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR

Hey guys just tested po4 with API test kit and the bru is coming in at a whopping 1.5!
    Not as bad as I thought but the rock has been sitting outside my back yard for 4 weeks and every week I would rinse. I know that i would be freaken if this were the measurement on a normal basis. But let's see what happens!
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR

Today I removed the rock that had been soaking in tap water. Interestingly though was the smell. The typical smell one has when rock is cycling.
    I plan on soaking in RO water and place a power head this time. I will test after a week and see what the phosphate readings are by end of next week.

Next week is install time! Stay tuned guys!

Things are coming along really well. For the first time in months I can see water quality progressing in the right direction.
    With the addition of adding the No Pox from Red Sea my No is at 4ppm and my Phos is at 0.02.
    This makes me really happy to report!
    I did a WC last weekend and the water used read 0.00 from the TDS meter so that was awesome to see.
    I still have not increased photo period as I want to make sure that all forms of nuisance algae is gone. I really would like to keep my all a little more steady but it seems that its depleting rather quickly now. So I am gonna be in the market for a dower of some kind. Any suggestions?

Here are the latest additions which lol left me in the poor house!!

Once again these are not my photos they are from the guys at WWC in Florida.

WWC Electric Pavona

Reverse Sunset Monti

WWC Bubblegum millie

WWC Ding Dang Millie