Thread: Retrofitting panorama led in Biocube 29

ORCA Forum Member

Retrofitting panorama led in Biocube 29

How do I do it? I want to keep one power compact for a 50/50 bulb and I bought 3 used panorama blue LEDs to put in there as well but have no clue how to get them in the hood... Can anyone tell me what to do in layman terms so I don't get frustrated and just use five bottles of super glue lol
    Steven -- 29g Modified BioCube
    26g Brackish Figure 8 Puffer Tank, 56g African Cichlid Tank, 10g Cichlid Nursery Tank

ORCA Forum Member
    I think that keeping a single PC bulb makes this tough but are the broad strokes:

Get a piece of Aluminum Flat Bar Stock like this
    Fabricate an 'I' shape using this material. The short sides will be long enough to mount your Panorama Strips and the other side will be long enough to span the two holes in the BioCube hood used to mount the PC bulb you wish to remove.
    Using the reflector as a template, drill holes in the long side of the 'I' mount to allow you to connect the mount to the hood using the stock holes.
    Drill holes to connect the Panorama strips to the short sides of the 'I' mount.
    Remove the unnecessary wiring from the BioCube hood.

You can get really fancy and re-use the switch in the BioCube hood to control the LEDs. Also, make sure to remove the bulb that doesn't also control the fans. You might need to dremel out the vent holes to improve cooling.

Note - This all assumes you have enough spaces between the reflector and the clear plastic light cover for the LED modules.

ORCA Forum Member
    Well that sounds easy enough... for someone who can do all that handy work (which I am not lol) So I guess I will have to bring it in to World Wide Corals (where I bought the used LEDs from the owner) and pay them to do it... Plus 2 of the modules dont have any way to screw through them to affix them to anything so that is going to have to be rigged somehow... If only I paid more attention to my father when he did handy work around the house, then I might have a better understanding of it all. I just want it done right and dont want to mess up the hood if I make an error (which seems like with all that work is more than likely lol)

Thanks for taking the time and responding though! I hear you are the lighting guy on here so when I get a larger tank I may have some questions to run by you since I am still a newbie at all this and still cant figure out what I should do for lighting with a bigger tank even though I have researched all my options for hours and hours
    Steven -- 29g Modified BioCube
    26g Brackish Figure 8 Puffer Tank, 56g African Cichlid Tank, 10g Cichlid Nursery Tank