Thread: Brown algae gone but green now is coming...?

ORCA Forum Member

Brown algae gone but green now is coming...?

I have now notice green algae only on the rocks now forming. it just started today. Any particular reason, is it normal? here is my tank now.. also any suggestions is very very much welcome! That means anything--rock formation sand depth? I am wanting coral in the future also. Thanks

I have 5 turbos,4hermit,3(not sure on spelling) nasserus snails, and 2 damsels. Getting the tank cycling.

I started the whole set up on 9/9/11-added 2 damsels 9/10/11 then on 9/17/11 added c.u.c. only lost one hermit.. What do you think?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=101_0400.jpg

ORCA Forum Member
    Also was wandering how to post pic instead of running through a link? Thanks

Do you have any open windows next to the tank?
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

ORCA Forum Member
    yes but is is about 22' away from the back french doors and there is no curtain. the sun runs left to right on the front part of the house. So if anything is is mild indirect light

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

I have never done a tank of that size so I don't really want to recommend for against anything as far as sand depth. With the rock formation the way it is now, it looks like there will be limited room for your corals. They will need to be getting the light; maybe I am looking at the picture incorrectly though. Also, if you intend to have any other fish in there later on, get rid of the damsels. They will become very territorial. As far as pictures, I don't know how to do it with Photobucket, but with Flickr, I just grab the code and paste it into the post. Of course, I choose the size of the picture also.

Photobucket has a img code that you can copy and post. Thats what I use.

What are your water parameters?
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

ORCA Forum Member
    I would try an algae scrubber if I were you. Currently, I do not have one working on my tank because there isn't space left anymore on one tank and I do not have fish living on it just yet.

But I guess this would be a good solution if you do not intend to relocate your tank, if it is caused by it. You might want to check your parameters as well, just to be extra sure.