Thread: Blazin's 40 Gallons Of Freedom

ORCA Forum Member

Blazin's 40 Gallons Of Freedom

Well as some of you nay know my 46 gallon bowfront crashed about a month ago. Actually a month tomorrow. Well I was gonna upgrade to an old 90 I have but changed my mind. So I went and got a brand new 40 breeder. Used all my old equipment and built the new tank. I absolutely love the dimensions of the 40 breeder. Wide and shallow. All the rocks in the tank but two where made by me out of ceramic. Used dead sand and a small container of live tropic eden sand that Jack (Boostable) hooked me up with. I used my original 6x39 watt tek light with all ATI bulbs but looking into a LED fixture. The crash was a complete lost. Three years worth of collecting gone except for 4 pieces I was able to run to Jack's house to hold for me. Will get pics tomorrow. Just need to get some corals in the tank now.....lol

ORCA Forum Member
    What are the dimensions on the 90?

ORCA Forum Member
    90 are 48x18x24. My tek light is 36" and the 40 is 36x18x16.

ORCA Forum Member
    Getting a little diatom bloom but what do I expect for the tank being up and running for only two weeks. But here are pics like I promised...

Clowns from Iggy

ORCA Forum Member
    The shelf in the middle is awesome! Thanks for posting pics of the clowns, mang.

ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    The shelf in the middle is awesome! Thanks for posting pics of the clowns, mang.
    Not a problem man. I like the shelf I am thinking some nice dendros under it.......

ORCA Forum Member
    Its looking good. Coming along nicely.

ORCA Forum Member
    Looking good my friend... Keep the pics coming..
    "It's not a hobby, it's an addiction"
    - Can you help me with my next fix? -

ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostable View Post
    Looking good my friend... Keep the pics coming..
    Will do when there is more to show....lol

ORCA Forum Member
    Well 1 of the baby clowns took a ride on the overflow roller coaster. Well the sump is just a 10 gallon tank till the new sump is ready. Well it is just stuffed with everything. I pulled him out of the sump yesterday and put him back in the display. He looked like he was having a little it of a hard time swimming after being banged up. Well this morning he was laying on the sand. So his little buddy is going to live with the fiance' clown who is also from Iggy. So right now the tank will sit fishless.

ORCA Forum Member
    Im sorry about your clown. Just give me the other one and everything will be alright.

ORCA Forum Member
    So I am thinking about adding a cryptic fuge to the new sump. Ohh I forgot to mention I put a new sump on the tank. Will get pics of it tomorrow. But back to the cryptic fuge. I have one setup on my fiance' tank. It works awesome. The amount of life in it is crazy. What do you think?