Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Clowns

ORCA Forum Member
    Hey Iggy, that’s really cool. I have some new bio-balls I’d be happy to donate to the cause. Would also like clowns as we discussed at the last meeting.

Dick
    Amphibious
    My web site:The Cultured Reef

ORCA Forum Member
    My clowns lay eggs 2 weeks. It takes 7-8 days for them to hatch, then 7-8 days later they lay more eggs. It's got to be an exhausting schedule. The next day after they hatch, the clowns lay motionless in a couple of big hairy mushrooms on the bottom of the tank. It's so funny. Then when they wake up they eat like pigs.

I took the last batch to John Tom's house for him to raise. I didn't have any rotifers ready. He shipped some overnighted and the babies are reportedly doing fine. There were only about 3 dozen that survived the 2nd day this time.

I'll try to catch them again this time and probably send them over to John's house if he's still up another batch.
    Tropical Reef Corals
    Aquaculture License #AQ0658028
    Email: trc@TropicalReefCorals.com

Iggy, do you still have any left? I never got a buddy for my Naked Clown.
    2009, 2010*and 2011 ORCA Mentoring Director. Proud to serve on the Board of Directors.
    (and I have no idea where the asterisk is coming from....)

ORCA Forum Member
    Iggy said probably around the end of this month, so I'm guessing we can start pestering him about them soon. I was waiting till he posted that they are ready. Blizz can't wait to go pick out a pair!