Thread: 2011 Frag Events: Rules and Guidelines

ORCA Forum Member

2011 Frag Events: Rules and Guidelines

Welcome to 2011 and the latest revision of the ORCA Frag fest! We are very excited to bring some significant new changes to the system, which will hopefully make the event run smoother.

The biggest change is the submission format: rather than inundate the frag coordinator’s email, all submissions will be done via this website. As per our guidelines, only ORCA members may submit frags. Membership is available to all. Simply click on the event, the “submit frag” button, and I will review them. Information including common name, approximate size, color and whether the picture is the actual frag, the mother colony or a representative coral should be submitted with the best picture possible.

Each frag will be given a number – please write this on the bag, as well as your member number. Store quality bags are a MUST! (ie No ziplocs.)

The cutoff date for submissions will be posted clearly, generally 1 week prior to the meeting date.

Good photos bring more $$$!

Please limit corals to no more than 3 of the same variety (don’t bring your whole tank of orange digi please!) and limit of 50 corals per family membership.

Those submitting corals will receive 50% of the selling bid, payable at the end of the event.

Please plan to arrive early to allow for coral check in, at least 30 min prior to the start of the meeting.

All corals should be free of pests/parasites and any discovery of red bugs, planaria, etc will disqualify the coral in question.

Misrepresentation of frags will not be tolerated, and the frag coordinator and board reserve the right to decline questionable frags (ie parasites, nuisance algae, photoshopped pictures, etc.) We want this to be the best possible event for everyone.

ORCA and the board of directors are not responsible for any introduction of unwanted pests into a purchaser’s tank. Any cases of malicious misrepresentation will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

ORCA does not condone nor support the commercial farming or commercial aqua culturing of live corals by anyone without proper licensing. For questions regarding Florida laws on Aquaculture, please see the following Web Sites:

http://www.floridaaquaculture.com/index.htm
    http://www.floridaaquaculture.com/ba...quacertify.htm

Feel free to email or PM me with any questions
    Danielle

ORCA Forum Member
    hi.i would like join in member.please let me know how to join in.4076687874.email misterynguyen@gmail.com

Airstrike go to the Home page on left side. Click Renew/Signup link. Complete this will get the job done.
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125