Thread: Yuma muerta

Sad Yuma muerta

Does anyone have any experience with ricordia yuma? I just got a sweet-ace sweet red and purple from Divers Den on Friday, and it's already bought the farm. Mesenterial extrusion for the last 36 hours, and now it's nearly completely undergone the ball-of-snot transformation. Are they particularly finicky or fastidious? Did I acclimate the little bugger too fast? It looked great for about the first twelve hours....

ORCA Forum Member
    I can't generalize yumas, but I bought one and for the first month or so it was touch and go. It would shrivel to nothing then look ok not great, then shrivel again. Finally after about a month and a half it got healthy and now 4 months later is softball size. I can feel your pain, I thought mine was a goner a few times. I don't know where you have it placed but unlike my fla rics that like low light the Yuma seems to like medium light and gentile flow. Even now at night it goes down to the size of not even a golfball at night. Donno if it helps but that's the experience I had with mine.

ORCA Forum Member
    everynite mine goes down to some nastly looking ball of snot. Then it opens and looks great during the day.

Hmmm. Is it normal for the snot to ooze away into the passing current, in a painfully slow disintegration type fashion?