As many of you know, our MACNA 2010 committee had a goal of this MACNA being the best ever. They were successful! They also had the insight to promote the hobby/trade from an educational standpoint. They approached Marineland and asked if they would donate the 300 g tank on display at MACNA to ORCA. ORCA would then donate it for an educational endeavor. Marineland thought it was a great idea! There were several educational options for ORCA to consider. We submitted a 4 page proposal and had to await ORCA and Marineland's decision. We were very thankful when we found that we were chosen.

We are a charter school on the border of Winter Garden and Ocoee. Our elementary and middle school are known as Hope Charter School and the high school is Legacy High School. We have about 500 students between the two schools. I teach one of the science teachers and teach a Marine Science class. I personally have had a saltwater tank for about 25 years and have been reefing for about 10 years. I was/am a member of Michigan Reefers when I was in Michigan and joined ORCA when I moved to Florida.

I will keep this thread updated (with pictures) to let you all know how things are going.