Thread: Free Chaeto

ORCA Forum Member

Free Chaeto

Trimming up the fuge and have some extra green stuff..free just don't wanna trash it..if you want to give me something for it you can. Thanks!

ORCA Forum Member
    Ward I could use some of that and might have a few small cap piece left that I could trade ya. Let me know..

Jack

ORCA Forum Member
    That's fine...I have some of that but I guess I can use some more. I can be reached at 386-624-3856.

ORCA Forum Member
    Reeffun I tried to pm you. Please give me a call if you are still interested. Thanks.

ORCA Forum Member
    No Takers? I have a ton of this stuff and it's going in the trash Sunday night if no one wants any

ORCA Forum Member
    Ward I will take some. When and where can I get it?

ORCA Forum Member
    I live in DeLand. If you or anyone wants to make arrangements you can reach me at 386-624-3856. Thanks

ORCA Forum Member
    Still have some to get rid of... wardculver@gmail.com

ORCA Forum Member
    How would cheato do inside of a hang on filter? I have 2 of them on my 55gallon reef and am battling some nitrate issues. Was wondering if the cheato would survive in the resevoirs on the hang ons. There isnt alot of light in there which is my only concern. What do you think?

Drew

ORCA Forum Member
    Drew I turned a AquaClear 70 in to a fuge. It can be done. On the filter you but the cheato in make it flow as slow as the filter will go, find a way to keep the cheato in the filter so it does not flow into the tank, go to Home Depot and get one of the cheap little T-5 lights they have. They have like an 8" one over by all the other lights and fans. Place that on top of the filter and try to make it where there is not a of light that will bleed in to the main tank. Like I said I did it real easy and it worked awesome!

ORCA Forum Member
    Ok great! Any Idea how much the little t-5 lights cost?

Ward. If you will have any of the cheato available this weekend I may be able to talk my better half into taking a ride out to deland to come get some from you. I may have something to trade for it if you interested. Let me know.

ORCA Forum Member
    I want to say the light is less then $10 but if you can find any light it would work. I have seen little LED pick lights that would work better because the light is focused just on the filter but they might cost a little more.

ORCA Forum Member
    Drew, that sounds fine. I can show you another idea on the light also. Blazinano has a good way to do it too. Anyone can get me at wardculver@gmail.com or 386-624-3856.

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice on the lighting. I'll check out the Depot.

Ward, Sorry for not getting back to you about coming to get some of the cheato my truck is acting up. I believe its either the water pump, tensioner pulley or possibly a combination of the two.

ORCA Forum Member
    No problem Drew. I will hang on to some for you.

ORCA Forum Member
    Still have some

ORCA Forum Member
    Sorry I havent gotten back to you about getting some. My water pump did go out on my truck. So that tapped out my tank funds for now which included any spare gas money for the time being.