Thread: Newbie

ORCA Forum Member

Hello everyone! My name is Justin. I am a 22 year old Finance major at UCF. I grew up in Orlando and love to surf and fish. I am new to reef tanks. I recently helped my friend move a fully stocked 220g show tank and have been hooked ever since. I have done a lot of research over the last month or two and just bought a 45g tank with filtration and T5 lighting. One of my roommates is an experienced reefer so between his knowledge, my research, and you guys, I am going to successfully build and maintain my first reef tank. I am a soon to be ORCA member and you will find me, my roommate, and my friend with the 220g at the next meeting.
    To some it's saltwater.... To others it's holy water

ORCA Forum Member
    hey man glad you made it to the site!
    hows my old 220 doin?
    brannon told me you bought his 45 thats a great starter tank and will help you gain the knowledge needed of moving on up.

welcome bro.

darren.

ORCA Forum Member
    I'll be sure to shake your hand in person and say hi in October. Welcome aboard...in advance

~D
    http://www.o-r-c-a.org/images/juicybanner3sm.jpg**** (We now have a Storefront called The Living Reef In Deltona www.TheLivingReef.org )

OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

Welcome and congrats on your new tank !!
    BIGGIN

Welcome dude, i'm at UCF also glad to have you along

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Darren, that 220 is doing great. I know I am never going to move a tank like that again!

ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSurf

Darren, that 220 is doing great. I know I am never going to move a tank like that again!
    LOL sheet mang i thought it was pretty good entertainment for the day..

Just thought I'd let you know just in case you haven't heard, we have an event planned this Saturday. See this link: http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=427

I know you're new to ORCA but I wanted to give you the opportunity to participate. One of our members had to cancel and has two tickets he's got for sale at $35 a piece for members. I can register you both as members on Saturday if you would like to attend.

I'm going to post this same invitation to the other "new" member introduction posters also. This will be a first come first serve invite since there are only two tickets available.

email me at president@o-r-c-a.org if your interested.

Best Regards,

Matt
    ORCA Pres 2007

ORCA Forum Member
    Im back! Due to circumstances out of my control I was unable to get started when I first posted here.

I recently acquired a 66 gallon tank. It is running on t-5 lighting, a rena canister filter and a coralife superskimmer (hangs on the tank). My plan is to get rid of the canister completely and run a sump with the skimmer and a fuge with cheato and liverock. I am also going to double the lighting it already has. Eventually I plan to keep a lot of corals and a few fish.

here is what I have so far:

ORCA Forum Member
    Welcome, looking forward to meeting you.