Thread: coral treatments

ORCA Forum Member

coral treatments

I enjoyed the meeting this weekend and learned a good amount about coral QT. I however forgot all of the treatments used. The only one I remember is that interceptor is for red bug. Can someone refresh my memory by posting what kind of treatments do what for corals and how long to do them for before adding to your tank?

Also, what was the one that will kill all inverts except the coral itself?

thanks,
    Chris

Hey Chris, I think heard it was interceptor that wreaks havoc with the inverts but leaves coral alone.

Other treatments include flatworm exit... and freshwater dips to irradicte flatworms. The flatworms these two treatments work on are "not" acro flatworms, that's what interceptor is for. If youv'e ever seen flatworms on the lower portion of the glass, approx 2 ~ 3 millimeters, brownish reddish and kind of square looking... that's what flatworm exit and freshwater works on.

May be someone else can remember any other treatments that were mentioned.

By the way, were you the guy talking to me about dosing Calcium Hydoxide with a buffering agent..?

Lemme know.

Matt

ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks Matt. I wasn't talking about dosing kalk with a buffering agent but I do dose kalk and sometimes add a tiny amount of HCl to lower the alk.
    Chris

cool.