Thread: Boynton Beach boat dives Saturday, July 11th - Sunday, July 12th

Boynton Beach boat dives Saturday, July 11th - Sunday, July 12th

Is anyone interested in diving Boynton the weekend of July 11th – 12th? I'm teaching Open Water most of the month of July, so this is the last offshore trip in July.

We have 6 divers signed up for this trip. Two are doing their Enriched Air Nitrox checkout dives.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    I made the hotel reservation.
    We're ready to dive again.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    looking forward to this one again. We are diving the Castor on Sat if alls goes to plan
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Things look great for this weekends dives:

SATURDAY EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 3 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. SATURDAY NIGHT EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 3 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. SUNDAY EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH 10 TO 15 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 4 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

We're diving the M/V Castor on the morning.

I try to make plans 2 - 3 weeks in advance. However, I usually don't get responses until about a week before. We have gotten lucky so far. The dive boats fill up fast in the summer, so it's better to book early (2 weeks out). I got stuck in a bad hotel this time. The normal place we stay at was full.

What a weekend! No rain, calm seas, lots of fish and corals.

I guess Lloyd summed it up best when he said "Brilliant dive". He said Delray Ledges was his best dive yet. So many fish and corals. School after school of fish. Lots of lobster. Loggerhead, Green and Hawksbill turtles.

Sunday the seas were almost flat. The captain took us further south for an outstanding dive.

Just a wind ripple on the surface. This is the "prime time" for diving offshore in Florida (July and August). We wait all year for conditions like this.

The captain and crew know the drill. They say, "See you in a couple of weeks" each time we leave!

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Chip, when are you going to post your video from this trip!!
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Very good dives in deed, and for the first time my daughter didn't get sea sick on Sunday, of course, just like Chip said, the seas were almost flat on Sunday.
    I took some videos, but my camera do not take good videos without good light, the video is too blue.
    Waiting for Chip's or Max's videos.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Flcorals View Post
    Chip, when are you going to post your video from this trip!!
    Well, I'm sure I will beat Jim at posting a video and how many years has he had a GoPro?

I'm currently teaching a PADI Open Water Diver class, so my time is very limited (I also work full time). The next 3 weeks are full of working, teaching and diving. Then I'm teaching a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course and an Enriched Air Nitrox course.

Someone you know is working on her final exam in front of me at the moment.

All the video was downloaded onto 2 computers. My daughter said she's going to put all the video into a movie or two. I hope it will happen soon! She is on summer break.

I have some pictures that were taken on the front of the boat with all of us after diving with Max on his birthday. I will post those soon.

I will start working on a video next week, after work, if Kierra doesn't produce something sooner. This gives Jim some time to catch up and post something first from the 30 hours of dive video he has already taken.

Paula and Kierra finished their Enriched Air Nitrox class on the Saturday dives. Congratulations!! They are now Advanced Open Water and Enriched Air Nitrox certified divers. They have all the certifications they need for the Labor Day weekend Key Largo trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ccampo View Post
    Very good dives in deed, and for the first time my daughter didn't get sea sick on Sunday, of course, just like Chip said, the seas were almost flat on Sunday.
    I took some videos, but my camera do not take good videos without good light, the video is too blue.
    Waiting for Chip's or Max's videos.
    Editing software should be able to add some color to the video. We weren't using a light or filter and video has lots of color (it's not edited yet).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gopr0343.jpg  

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Beautiful picture Chip.
    Like father like son, or should I say Like father like daughters ?

Thanks for sharing...
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Thanks! However, I can't take credit for taking the picture. Our Dive Master Adam took it.

You are welcome!

I'm still trying to find some time to process the video. Were headed to Lake Denton this weekend.