Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas/Holiday Party December 12th

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Christmas/Holiday Party December 12th

The Christmas/Holiday Party is for members only. This year we will be having it at the home of Joe and Melissa Cassidy, 17326 Phil C Peters Rd, Winter Garden, FL.

We will be having a catered meal by Chef John F. Kresl III. The board decided and has announced at the last two meetings that there will be a cost for this year's party: $5/person with a $20/family limit. You can use the PayPal button below to make payment.

We do need an RSVP by December 5th with payment.

More details to follow. Please respond to this thread so that we know you are coming.

To make reservations please fill out the form in the link below and then click the Paypal button for payment:

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/index.php?pageid=holiday_2015_orca

Or you can send payment via our PayPal account. The e-mail address is treasurer@o-r-c-a.org.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-29-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: ccampo: added page for reservation
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Those coming:
    David and Shirley
    Joe and Melissa and 2 kids
    Sarah, Lloyd and Max
    Jim and wife + 2 kids
    Cesar and Gladys + 3 kids
    Philip and Melinda + 1kid
    Saul and Joanne Goodkin
    Pam and Mac
    John and wife McNemar
    Tucker, Misty + 2 kids
    Andrea Meena
    Jason and Mary
    Skiles and Dianna Jones
    Joe Scholl
    Last edited by Flcorals; 12-06-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: update
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Please add Max Huebler
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Raffle director says there will be a LARGER than usual RAFFLE at the party!!!
    And a new event in place of a small present for each member were doing a silent auction event.
    There is rumor of three or four great 200$+ sort of items for the silent auction. Maybe have your sump measurements handy and some salt on hand incase you wanna try your luck and win a new tank or a great piece of hardware. Actual items to be in the silent auction will be announced shortly.
    I'm looking forward to another great Holliday event....

It will be myself, wife n two kids 2 yrs n 4 yrs. "total 4"

We also do a white elephant gift exchange so bring a 20$ item if you want to participate in that event.
    *PAID*
    Last edited by Jim28fl; 11-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    My whole crew is coming, 5 in total:
    Cesar, Gladys, Paula, Sebastian and Alejandro Campo.

I also updated the first post with the reservation and payment page details.

See you there.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Vice-President
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ccampo View Post
    My whole crew is coming, 5 in total:
    Cesar, Gladys, Paula, Sebastian and Alejandro Campo.

I also updated the first post with the reservation and payment page details.

See you there.
    Thanks!!
    David Hill
    OREO VP 2017-2018
    OREO President 2015-2016
    ORCA President 2014-2016
    ORCA Secretary 2011-2013

Paid in full and can't wait.

Me, Melinda, and Felicity will be there. Defiantly saving some money for this one
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

I wish I can go my family love this event!
    55 Gl. non drilled, Mix reef, HOB protein skimmer, BRS bio Pellets reactor, 180W led.
    29 Gl. Biocube stock Mix reef
    75 Gl. Rimless drilled, Vertex IN250 protein skimmer, BRS Biopellet reactor in serie with carbon reactor, return Eheim 1262, 180 watts LED, 3 pump doser for A-B, strontium and magnesium
    Reef keeper eliteV2 Controler
    and feeding like crazy, no more low nutrients, yes to a high nutrients and explosive growth

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techbiker View Post
    I wish I can go my family love this event!
    Is that a yes or no ?
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

ORCA Forum Member
    Saul and Joanne Goodkin will be at party

OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Mac and Pam will be there
    Pam McDougall
    O-R-C-A Treasurer 2014

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Its not final yet but were looking at maybe a new Wireless quiet drive mp60 or mp 40, a tunze osmolator ATO, a large waveline dc return pump, and possibly a bubble magnus curve 7 or 9 skimmer in our silent auction event. Big items!!!!! something for everyone. I'll update the exact items once I place the order in the next day or so.

This is a highest bidder gets the prize event and separate from our raffle ticket type event which we will also be doing at the party.

There is a great new tank set up by Reefers direct at the location which you don't wanna miss!!!!
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    Its not final yet but were looking at maybe a new Wireless quiet drive mp60 or mp 40, a tunze osmolator ATO, a large waveline dc return pump, and possibly a bubble magnus curve 7 or 9 skimmer in our silent auction event. Big items!!!!! something for everyone. I'll update the exact items once I place the order in the next day or so.

This is a highest bidder gets the prize event and separate from our raffle ticket type event which we will also be doing at the party.

There is a great new tank set up by Reefers direct at the location which you don't wanna miss!!!!

I like it !!! I'll bring some cash

Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Secretary
    ORCA Forum Member
    looking at maybe a new Wireless quiet drive mp60 or mp 40, a tunze osmolator ATO, a large waveline dc return pump, and possibly a bubble magnus curve 7 or 9 skimmer in our silent auction event. Big items!!!!!
    ohhhh
    Our four will be there.

Already got my chineese gift exchange item, Looking fwd to the raffle
    Last edited by CoralolisEffect; 12-02-2015 at 10:34 PM.

ORCA Forum Member
    I will finally get to make it to a meeting yeahhh!!!!
    John and a plus 1

ORCA Forum Member
    Can't wait seems like forever since my work gave me a day off

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac1965 View Post
    Can't wait seems like forever since my work gave me a day off
    You're coming to the best meeting of the year !!!
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Its official!!!!! Bring your bill folds!!!!
    ORCA Holliday party "CLUB MEMBERS ONLY" silent auction items will be as follows highest bidder wins.

Bubble Magus Curve 9 skimmer rated for up to 400 gallon tanks valued at 410$
    http://www.marinedepot.com/Bubble_Ma...YNixoCE93w_wcB

Ecotech Vortech MP60-WQD rated for up to 7500+ GPH valued at 675$ http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vortec...ch-marine.html

Tunze osmolator top of the line ATO system retail 210$ http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-osmolator-universal-3155-auto-top-off.html

Our club raffle will include
    Store credit packages for Reefers Direct in St cloud http://reefersdirectorlando.com
    A 3/4" sea swirl kit like the pros use......190$ value http://www.sea-swirl.com
    And other great items we all typically use like gallon size part A n part B, A box of Reef crystals, and other great supplies.
    Raffle tickets are 1$ per ticket, 10$ for 13 tickets, or 20$ for 30 tickets.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Raffle and silent auction items look awesome

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Its official!!!!! Bring your bill folds!!!!
    ORCA Holliday party "CLUB MEMBERS ONLY" silent auction items will be as follows highest bidder wins.

Bubble Magus Curve 9 skimmer rated for up to 400 gallon tanks valued at 410$
    http://www.marinedepot.com/Bubble_Ma...YNixoCE93w_wcB

Ecotech Vortech MP60-WQD rated for up to 7500+ GPH valued at 675$ http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vortec...ch-marine.html

Tunze osmolator top of the line ATO system retail 210$ http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-osmolator-universal-3155-auto-top-off.html

Our club raffle will include
    Store credit packages for Reefers Direct in St cloud http://reefersdirectorlando.com
    A 3/4" sea swirl kit like the pros use......190$ value http://www.sea-swirl.com
    And other great items we all typically use like gallon size part A n part B, A box of Reef crystals, and other great supplies.
    Raffle tickets are 1$ per ticket, 10$ for 13 tickets, or 20$ for 30 tickets.
    oooohhh man those are great items, I will have to tell my children that Santa is bankrupt this year
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal