Thread: Who makes nice custom tanks in orlando or florida?

ORCA Forum Member

Who makes nice custom tanks in orlando or florida?

Hi to all!

New here....been reefing since 2000, just about to build my dream tank, FINALLY! Wasn't going to do it till i bought my house, been fixing everything at the house for the past 2 yrs, now for the fun! REEF TANK TIME!

I need an in state glass tank builder, I'm not paying crazy money for shipping, sorry....I'll just go pick it up.
    i want to build a 72X20X24 tall to fit my current space perfectly, just need to find a place that builds nice tanks round here. Any ideas??

Also Im breaking down my amazing softie tank 48X12X20 55g The green Star polyps and xenia are taking over again and i can't find anyone to take them. They have covered all my purple live rock and I'm over it, and refuse to kill any coral, on purpose. lol
    If any one wants to trade that would be nice too!

Near orange and sand lake right south of Downtown Orlando

Thx and happy reefing

Pete

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Pete, Welcome to ORCA !!!

As far as tank builders, The one I know are Live Tanks :
    http://www.livetanks.com/fabrication.html

There's probably more, but farther, these guys are in Melbourne.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

ORCA Forum Member
    One of the highest rated custom tank builders that I have heard of is Reef Savvy in Miami. They make great tanks and stands for $$$. But if you want something really amazing, it could be worth every penny.

some of the local shops have tie in with custom builders: Oceans Direct, Top Shelf Aquatics and World Wide Corals.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzmol View Post
    Hi to all!

New here....been reefing since 2000, just about to build my dream tank, FINALLY! Wasn't going to do it till i bought my house, been fixing everything at the house for the past 2 yrs, now for the fun! REEF TANK TIME!

I need an in state glass tank builder, I'm not paying crazy money for shipping, sorry....I'll just go pick it up.
    i want to build a 72X20X24 tall to fit my current space perfectly, just need to find a place that builds nice tanks round here. Any ideas??

Also Im breaking down my amazing softie tank 48X12X20 55g The green Star polyps and xenia are taking over again and i can't find anyone to take them. They have covered all my purple live rock and I'm over it, and refuse to kill any coral, on purpose. lol
    If any one wants to trade that would be nice too!

Near orange and sand lake right south of Downtown Orlando

Thx and happy reefing

Pete
    Hi Pete

FWIW I have a 150 Gallon Marineland Monterrey Deep Dimension custom tank, stand and filtration that will be available within the next two weeks. The aquarium is brand new, still in bubble wrap. This is a cube style tank. 36" X 36" X 28", simply a stunning tank. However, the cabinet that was built for it is a custom cabinet with over sized easy access doors, extra tall (42") and many other extras light automatic cabinet lights inside.... This is an epic aquarium.

If your interested and would like to see it, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to show you what I'm selling. I haven't officially posted this setup for sale, so this is the first notice out there. Pictures are available by request.

The tank retails over $800 alone not including the stand, custom canopy, X Large sump and Warner Marine Research Protein Skimmer. I'll be asking 1400.00 for everything.

Best Regards

Matt
    Matt Kantz
    ORCA President 2007 & 2008
    ORCA Public Relations Officer 2010
    MACNA2010 Raffle Director

ORCA Forum Member
    Ill pick up some GSP if you need to trim some off. Let me know.