Thread: The Rebirth/Rebuild of my 180g sps thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would suggest the Marco Rock Mortar. It works AWESOME.

http://www.marcorocks.com/e-marco-40010lbkit.aspx

Nice to see your chromies don't have a BiG leader. I have 3 in my tank and theres one thats in charge. He thinks he owns the whole tank....
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

Quote Originally Posted by philip_r5 View Post
    I would suggest the Marco Rock Mortar. It works AWESOME.

http://www.marcorocks.com/e-marco-40010lbkit.aspx

Nice to see your chromies don't have a BiG leader. I have 3 in my tank and theres one thats in charge. He thinks he owns the whole tank....

Hey thanks for the tip on the mortar!! It will definitely be considered. BTW like your thread!!! I started with 12 green chromis and now have 7 for about 9 months. I'm not sure where the other 5 disappeared to.
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR

I have decided that while I was at it I will do some other upgrades.
    I would like to upgrade my main pump. It is an old gen x and i can tell it is about to die on me.
    I would like to get a gph flow rate of about 10 times my actual gallons which when up and running is about 220 to 225 including sump.
    What pumps do you guys recommend that are energy efficient ? And quiet? And can do about 10x the turn over of my tank?

I am upgrading my mp 40's vortex pumps to the es model by upgrading with the hardware kit like this one.

I have also taken the advice of a fellow reefer and ordered mortar for the reconstruction of the reef aquascape. This product is more cost effective than buying tubes of epoxy.

The tank is now almost ready. I got rid of most of the sand and did a 10% water change yesterday. This will be the last water change.
    I have put most of the larger pieces of rock into a 35 gallon garbage bin with tap water. So far in one day I have not noticed any bad odors.

I do not want to add bleach to the rock but will be soaking with vinegar. I will also add a pump for circulation. The rock will be held for one week and then rinsed throughly and left to dry again for another week while the smaller pieces are soaked in vinegar, rinsed and dried.

Well guys that is the update for now.
    180g mostly sps, 3 250 wt radiums w lumenmax reflectors, 9 superbrights actinics, 2 MP 40ES Vortex, Reef Octopus SRO 3000, Bubble blaster 10,000 all controlled by an ACJR