Thread: Boynton Beach boat dives Saturday, May 9th and Sunday, May 10th

Boynton Beach boat dives Saturday, May 9th and Sunday, May 10th

I'm setting up some Boynton Beach boat trips. Please let me know if you are interested?

ORCA Forum Member
    Im interested in the dive what are the details?

Boynton details

Quote Originally Posted by lite_rider View Post
    Im interested in the dive what are the details?
    We currently have 6 ORCA divers going on this trip. We usually meet at my house and car pool down (I live by World Wide Corals). We're leaving Friday night after work. Most likely around 6 PM. W'ere diving Saturday morning and Sunday morning. We have to be at the boat by 8 AM each day.

We are most likely diving a wreck and reefs. The wrecks are between 110' deep (the Castor) to 84' deep (the MV Beck). The second dive each day will be a reef. The reefs are mostly between 70' on the inside ledge, 40' on top and 100' on the outside ledge. The boat requires Advanced Open Water certification or equivalent for the deeper dives (below 60'). All of us and 99% of the divers on the boat will be diving Enriched Air Nitrox to extend our bottom times (in some case almost doubling our dive time). The cost is $65 per boat trip and we give a $10, per diver, tip to the crew. Rental tanks and fills are available ($6 - $12 each). A hotel room runs approximately $100.

I usually make reservations 1 - 2 weeks in advanced. I can check to see if their's any room if you are interested?

I talked to the captain today firm up the plans. We are diving 2 reefs on Saturday. You only have to be open water certified to do the reef dives.

I added an afternoon trip on Saturday. We have 4 ORCA divers going on this trip. We will dive a wreck and a reef or 2 reefs on Saturday afternoon.

We will dive a wreck and a reef or 2 reefs on Sunday morning.

We have to be at the boat by 7:15 AM for the morning trips. The boat leaves promptly at 8 AM.

Offshore forecast:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/?n=marine

SATURDAY
    EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

SATURDAY NIGHT
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
    EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

For those who are going, don't panic if I'm not blowing bubbles.. if things go right, ill be on my NEW REBREATHER....... Thanks chip thanks everyone.. see you under water.......
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    For those who are going, don't panic if I'm not blowing bubbles.. if things go right, ill be on my NEW REBREATHER....... Thanks chip thanks everyone.. see you under water.......
    Very good.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    You are welcome! You did great on your confined water Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) training dive.

The captain reports the water temperatures on the reefs are around 80 degrees.