Thread: January 31st. 2015 Frag Event

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

January 31st. 2015 Frag Event

The frag event for January 31st. 2015 is officially open to accept submissions. Please use the link below or on the left of the home page to submit them.

The event will be at the home of :
    Details and location will be provided later

Frag Auction is now open for submissions, start submitting your frags now !!!

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/forum/orca_fa.php
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Keep the frags coming, there are currently 25 approved frags.

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/forum/orca_fa...browse&faid=14
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Can you post a simple way to take a picture of a coral you want to submit and then go thru how to get it submitted on the page. I have not tried, but i think at one time i found it hard to get pictures up onto here in such a manner.. I'm sure there is an easy way. There is about 30 frags here i want to photograph and summit but I'm over whelmed with how to best do it. thanks

I can use a iPhone, Go pro, or a normal under water digital camera. i'm Not worried about picture quality. just what are my restrictions format n size wise n all that so i can do it fast n simple.

Thanks.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    I re size all pics to 1024 x 767 this seems to work well and save as jpg
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flcorals View Post
    I re size all pics to 1024 x 767 this seems to work well and save as jpg
    I have no idea how to do that in the next 24 hours for 30 some pictures.. thats sort of what I'm getting at.. I'm maybe not that handy when it comes to doing the picture thing. But i did spend a half hour testing my tank parameters this morning.. lol
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    I have no idea how to do that in the next 24 hours for 30 some pictures.. thats sort of what I'm getting at.. I'm maybe not that handy when it comes to doing the picture thing. But i did spend a half hour testing my tank parameters this morning.. lol
    Your iPhone already saves in jpg. Do you know how to get the pics off your iPhone? If so, then you click the "submit frags" button, input the information, browse to the pic and upload it. Very simple process. The hardest part is making sure you bag the correct coral with the corresponding number assigned.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Thanks i got it... i ended up using the iPhone to take the picture, and cropping them down on the iPhone, then emailing them to my self and adding them to home screen on my computer, then linking them from there to the site with description. Took two hours or so to do 22 of them. I'll have to do the rest later. I made my self a list to bag n number from Thanks good advice.
    40 softies set up.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim28fl View Post
    Can you post a simple way to take a picture of a coral you want to submit and then go thru how to get it submitted on the page. I have not tried, but i think at one time i found it hard to get pictures up onto here in such a manner.. I'm sure there is an easy way. There is about 30 frags here i want to photograph and summit but I'm over whelmed with how to best do it. thanks

I can use a iPhone, Go pro, or a normal under water digital camera. i'm Not worried about picture quality. just what are my restrictions format n size wise n all that so i can do it fast n simple.

Thanks.
    The image needs to be in png, jpg or gif format, the resolution of the image doesn't really matter, however the size of the image file cannot be more than 1.5Mb. The higher the resolution the higher the size of the file.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

ORCA Forum Member
    I saw the frags and they look great, but I had a couple questions:

1. Aren't #52 and #53 Anthelia and not Xenia?
    2. What time is the event? I saw the address and date, but it didn't list a time.

Thanks!

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

I couldn't differentiate between the two personally when i looked.. buyer be ware.. lol.. Its very possible.. usually, there is no claim other than a best effort to identify them.

6:00 PM auction will probably start at about 7. There is a ORCA board meeting at 4 before the usual club meeting this time.
    Raffle will be at the end of the meeting. There is an awesome JBJ dual 1600 gallon per hour wave maker kit in the raffle as well as some great Fragging related items among other things.
    40 softies set up.

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Also i have a few more Frags to photo and add in the morning that i picked up that were donated/ discounted from the last of the five main fish stores in town. I dipped them this evening and will photo them in the morning before i bag them all up for the auction. Thanks everyone, there are some great pieces in this event.. many worth over 50$ in the stores.. should be a great event..
    40 softies set up.

Does anyone need any cheato? I can bring it to the meeting if so. I have about (3) 1-gallon zip lock bags full I'll be throwing away if not. Text me 978-395-162zero.

OREO Club Member
    OREO President
    ORCA Forum Member
    Great Frag meeting last night, bought a bunch, long night but well worth it. Thanks to our host Richard and Barbara for sharing their home and letting us see their amazing tank/tanks
    Mixed reef 180 gallon DT,Euroreef rs 250 skimmer, AI LED lights, 2 Sicce HP Voyager 8 power heads, 40 sump, 40g frag tank, 75g Display Tank

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

I'll second that.. great time.. thanks everyone.
    Lets get together again next month lol.
    40 softies set up.

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member
    Thanks Richard and Barbara, very good meeting and awesome beautiful tank.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

TY all, it was our pleasure I hope everyone had a great time