Thread: ORCA Meeting - February 28th - The Living Reef

Web Admin
    OREO Club Member
    ORCA Forum Member

Thumbs Up ORCA Meeting - February 28th - The Living Reef

February's meeting will be a talk meeting on Saturday February 28th.

The meeting will be at

The Living Reef
    504 N. Alafaya Trail Suite #112, Orlando, FL 32828
    Waterford Lakes

Store will be opened all day as always with meeting starting at about 7:00PM.

Drinks and Snacks will be provided.

more details to come.
    Good Luck,
    Cesar Campo
    ORCA Web Admin 2009-2017

My 210g Journal

Incredible presentation! I had a great time. Found this: http://www.coloradoaquarium.org/pics/oxy.html

Empty 180 gallon

Was great, and thanks for sharing that link.
    014-16 Web Admin/Secretary, 2013 Merchandise Coordinator/Web Admin, 2012 Public Relations/Merchandise Coordinator

Name: Phil
    Years Exp: 13 years
    My In-Wall 125

OREO Club Member
    OREO Raffle Coordinator
    OREO Membership Director
    ORCA Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDragon View Post
    Incredible presentation! I had a great time. Found this: http://www.coloradoaquarium.org/pics/oxy.html

I have seen that one before among others, and while i think its fine for Freshwater.. I find the lead and other stuff he is using a bad idea for my "reef" so i just bought the real deal and tried it. Since its pretty heavy duty/ well built, i think its a good investment to do it the right way. With all the things i have spent 60-90 bucks on in this hobby, the oxydator is one of the ones i think was a great investment vs return.

And everyone knows i love to talk, so i had fun as well. Great to see everyone. The video worked good, ichecked it today and it did record, which is a good step, ill try n get that so everyone can see what they missed.
    Four individual systems Right now.
    30gal red sea 130d lps/softies/anemone tank, kalk ato, reef bright led strip.
    40 softies set up.
    550 total gallon marineland 300 DD main system 18 months old now and stabilized. T5 VHO lights/ BLUE led strip, Fully custom built LIFE REEF sump and FUGE, AWESOME 60" tall skimmer, and 1000+ gallon rated custom Ca reactor, 3 50 gallon attached SPS frag systems lite with a combination of HM and LED and T5 fixtures.
    A 200 gallon MARS quarintine with UV system/ medication for new arrivals.

Still lots to learn about the hobby but I have amassed a great collection of real beauties. I have broken past the stage of keeping things alive and now there actually growing out. Which is a big hurdle for many beginners I must admit. Good information and advise is hard to get sometimes and the club has done wonders with respect to quality advise and help in the hobby.

THANKS Orlando Reef Educators Organization!!!!

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I was out camping in the rain.

I worked with Jim on building a homemade oxygenator. Jim wanted to create one to have a DIY oxygenator session for the ORCA members. It was a great idea, but it tipped over and dumped all the H2O2 in my tank.